Chapter 13

The next few days felt like all the same. Everyday I would myself back at the Cullen's house helping out my sister. And everyday she grew more and more weak. It was so hard to see her like this, but I knew that both Carlisle and everyone else was doing everything in their power to care for her and there were times were I thought that she wasn't going to make it. But both Emmett and Carlisle tried to reassure me that she was going to be okay...but I didn't really know if I believed them anymore...
    "Jacob?" I stood up at Jacob and Seth entered the room that I was sitting in. Emmett put his arm around me as Carlisle moved closer to Jake.
   "We have a problem". Jacob stated looking from me to Carlisle.
   "What is it?" Carlisle questioned him. Seth looked over at me and there was almost a sadness in his eyes.
   "It's Sam". He stated. "He believes that thing that Bella is carrying could be a danger to not just the pack, but to the town". I stepped forward.
    "I was afraid that this would happen.." Carlisle sighed.
    "He wants to kill it". Jake said. I started to walk towards Jacob, but Emmett stopped me.
    "Like hell he is! That thing is apart of Bella! He's not going to touch either of them!" I shouted. Jacob nodded his head.
   "Did you explain that to him Jacob?" Carlisle asked Jacob. He sighed.
    "I tried, but Sam has already made up his mind. He's going to surround the place and make it impossible for you to hunt". Jacob informed us. Carlisle sighed and Emmett's grip on me tightened slightly. I could sense that something was wrong.
   "Carlisle we haven't hunted in weeks". Emmett stated making me tense up a bit. I glanced up at him. If the wolves were not going to let the Cullen's hunt then they would be so thirsty and with two humans in the house....I shook my head. Emmett would rather die then hurt me.
   "Will make do with what we have". Carlisle stated. Then he glanced in my direction.
   "What about Dani? Carlisle she needs to eat and we can't keep both of Charlie's kids from him". Emmett replied.
   "The pack says that Dani is involved and that she can't leave either". Jacob stated. Emmett growled and slammed his fist onto the table. Breaking it in half instantly.
   "But I can try to convince them to let her leave if she needs to". He added. Emmett nodded his head as I brought his fist up to my lips and kissed it.
   "Thank you Jacob". Carlisle thanked him. Jacob nodded his head. As he turned to leave I grabbed onto his arm.
   "Thank you for not siding with Sam". I said making he grin.
   "Charlie's like family and are you and Bella. I won't let them touch her". He stated. I let go of his arm as he walked away from us.
   "Carlisle do you have any news on Bella?" I asked him. Carlisle sighed and looked over at Emmett. Emmett shook his head.
   "Nothing new I am afraid Dani. I'll let you know when I do". He said as he exited the room. I let out a large sigh. Dammit things were going from bad to worse just like that and I couldn't do anything about it.