Chapter 23

"Incredible". Garrett replied as Renesmee lowered her hand from his cheek. It took Garrett a lot of convincing to come back to Carlisles with us, but I knew that he wanted to help out his friends so he finally agreed. Emmett had said that he was the first of many witnesses yet to come and I hoped that he was right. We needed as many witnesses as possible.
   "A human giving birth to a vampire human hybrid is not something you hear about often. I'm impressed". He replied glancing up at my sister. Bella smiled.
    "Let's just hope everyone else thinks so". I said.
    "I have faith that they will". Edward spoke up as he pulled Bella close to him.

As evening approached Bella and Edward left with Renesmee and Jacob to go to Alaska to convince Carlisle old friends the Denail clan to join them. While Emmett went on a hunt. Leaving me, Travis and Garrett alone in the house. I flipped open my photography book as I sat down on Emmetts bed. I had been spending pretty much all of my time at the Cullen house over the past few months so it only seemed natural to keep some of my things here in Emmetts room. Though Charlie didn't like the idea it did make sense. However the last time I went to go see him he asked about marriage between us and I just pushed the idea away. I didn't know if I was ready for that type of relationship with Emmett yet. I mean we were very close. We did love each other after all so what was I so afraid of?
    "You really do look like her". I looked up to find Garrett in the doorway. He smiled at me as I pulled my hair up into a bun.
   "That's what Emmett and Travis said too". I replied back.
    "Sorry about almost draining you of your blood. I didn't know that Carlisles son was dating a human". Garrett apologized as he walked inside the room.
   "You couldn't see who I was and you were hungry. I've seen it before". I said as I glanced out the window. I had seen my fair share of red eyed hungry vampires before and this sure as hell wasn't going to be the last.
    "Speaking of hunger you do realize that most of the witnesses coming are going to be like me and most of them won't be able to control it like I can". Garrett reminded me as he sat down on the bed. I pulled my knees up against my chest.
    "Trust me I know, but Carlisle reassured me that I'll be safe and Emmett promised that he wouldn't leave my side". I replied.
    "Still amazed how someone like us can care this much about a human".
    "Emmetts not like you". I replied. "He may be a vampire, but he doesn't drink human blood". Garrett smiled.
   "A lifestyle that I've been curious about for a long time". He admitted. "And one that Travis started a few decades ago".
I raised an eyebrow at his statement about Travis.
    "He did? What made him change his mind? I mean besides that fact that your hurting an innocent victim".
   "He had fallen in love with a woman that wouldn't be born for almost three decades". Garrett answered. I just stared at him and let out a chuckle.
   "Travis fell in love with someone who wasn't even born yet? How?" I needed answers to this.
  "Like Carlisle who has great self control or your Emmett with his super strength he could see vision". Garrett explained. I slightly blushed as he said the words my Emmett.
    "Like seeing the future? Kinda like what Alice sees?" I asked him.
    "Sort of yes". He replied.
    "How did this happen? Like who did he see or when?" I questioned him.
    "He never went into much detail with me about who or what he saw, but I knew that who ever it was he was deeply in love with her". Garrett explained to me. I crossed my arms over my chest.
   "But that still doesn't explain what made him change his mind about drinking human blood".
    "I'm getting to that". He replied making me roll my eyes at his comment.
    "Okay. Chill". I replied.
    "Anyways what made him change his mind was that she was human". He finally stated. "He came to the realization I'm guessing that if he was going to be with a human he couldn't harm humans. So he quit drinking human blood and has never looked back. I know it's still so new for him, but he would do anything for this women". I smiled at the thought of Travis doing anything for a women that he loved and it reminded me so much of Emmett. I knew that he would anything for me and I knew that deep down so would I.
    "Wow. That's really romantic". I replied.
    "I know I am". Emmett replied as he walked into the room. Garrett nodded to him and began to walk out of the room.
    "Garrett". I said stopping him from leaving. "Did Travis ever mention a name for this girl?"
    "I believe he did. Her name was Blake".