Chapter 14

That evening as I was getting a snack from the Cullen's fridge I noticed Sam stalking the outside yard. I growled at him wondering if he could see me. They weren't letting up anytime soon and I was furious about it. Emmett and the rest of the Cullen's eyes had grown darker as the day went on and that made Emmett keep his distance from me. Esme reassured me that he was doing it to protect me, but even still I missed him. They needed to hunt and they couldn't and it pained me to see them all like this.
As the sky melted into a dark warm grey color Jacob arrived back at our house and I greeted him with a big hug.
   "Hey Dani". He smiled as I pulled away and he put his bikes stand up.
   "Where's your big bear?" He questioned me. I sighed.
   "He's keeping his distance at the moment. He's quite hungry and doesn't want to hurt me".
   "Smart dude". Jacob laughed.
    "So anything new to report?"
He let out a sigh. "Sam won't let you leave. I explained to him that your not a risk, but he doesn't care. If anyone is willing to stop him then/"
   "I get the picture. I'll just have to call Charlie and make up an excuse-"
   "I already did". Jacob blurted out. I raised an eyebrow at him.
   "What did you tell him?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. He smiled.
   "I told him and you and Emmett went to go visit a distance cousin of his. It was actually Edwards idea". He replied.
   "Really?"
   "Yup. Edward figured that it be better if you were with Emmett something rather then me". He said.
   "Yeah. What did he say?"
   "He said just make sure you call in everyday. He misses Bella a lot..." Jakes voice started to wonder. I let out a sigh.
  "I know.."
  "Speaking of Bella how is she?"
I sighed. "Same as always. Carlisles doing his best, but I'm-".
Jacob shook his head and pulled me into a hug. It was nice to have Jacob around to keep me insane. I needed a friend to keep my mind off of Bella's situation.
   "Bella's going to be okay. I promise you that". Jacob stated. I knew that he was just trying to make me feel better and I appreciated him for trying to do so, but I didn't know if I believed it or not.