Chapter 22

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Esme asked me once more as I finished packing a small bag of clothes. I nodded my head at her. Seen Emmett had told me that the Volturi was coming after my niece and the rest of my new family I knew that I needed to help them gather as many witnesses as possible and though Emmett didn't like that I was putting myself in danger I didn't care. They were coming after my family and I couldn't just sit by and watch.
    "I'm sure. I want to help you all out in anyway that I can!". I explained to her. Esme smiled.
    "Thank you Dani. I'm so grateful to you and Bella for entering my sons lives". She replied as she pulled me into a hug.
    "I should be grateful to you guys. Bella has found her soulmate and I have finally found someone who loves me for me". I replied to her. Esme smiled.
   "Both you and Bella are like daughters to me. If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask us". She said as Emmett entered the room.
    "I won't. I promise". She smiled and left the room. Emmett adjusted his leather jacket and smiled down at me.
   "Are you sure about this babe? Garrett does drink human blood you know". Emmett stated. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned up to kiss him.
   "I'm positive. I want to help convince them that this is worth it. Friends stick together through thick and thin". I said just as Travis joined us in the room. He flipped his bag behind his back and winked at me.
   "They most definitely do". He replied making me. I was beginning to like this new side of Travis.
   "Are you joining us?" I asked him.
   "That I am. Carlisle feels that it's best to have me along for I've known Garrett for some time. I also know that it's going to be hard to convince him, but maybe you can help me convince him". Travis informed me. I raised an eyebrow at him.
   "How could I convince him? Not that I'm not willing to try but why me?" I asked him. Travis smiled.
   "You remind me of his dear sister. He and her were the best of friends growing up". Travis said.
   "I do?"
Emmett nodded his head. "Ava was a wonderful girl. So bright and full of life. She supported Garrett in everything that he did and even Carlisle says you remind him of her".
    "If Garrett sees and hears how much you care about Carlisle and his family I have no doubt in my mind that he will gladly help our cause". Travis replied as Emmett moved closer to me. I nodded my head and picked up my bag.
   "Well then lets go!"
~

We arrived in the small college town just after dark. Emmett thought that it would be a good idea if we looked for Garrett tonight rather then wait. Both me and Travis agreed with him on that. And so we set out to find him. Travis agreed to look on his own while me and Emmett looked together.
As I walked farther down an alley way myself I spotted a man on the ground bleeding. I put my fingers up to his neck and felt no pulse. I knew that we were on the right track.
    "Who knew I'd get another meal tonight". A male voice stated behind me. I slowly turned my head only to come face to face with a man who had blood red eyes. He grabbed my neck and slammed me up against the brick wall.
    "Stop! Emm-" I barely choked out just as the man holding me was pushed aside. I felt two arms help me up. I instantly grabbed onto my throat.
    "Garrett if you touch her again I swear". Emmett growled at the man who had just held me by my neck. As the man got up I raised an eyebrow at him.
    "Easy Emmett". Travis urged him as he joined back up with us.
   "Well well Travis it sure has been a while". Garrett grinned. Travis smiled and put a hand on my shoulder.
   "It has been my friend". He replied. "I see that you've meet Emmett mate". Garrett looked from Travis then to me and smiled.
    "A human...how interesting". He replied. "I'm sorry that I attacked you, but you know how it is when your hungry". I rolled my eyes at him as Emmett pulled me close to him.
   "Judging by that man on the ground I'd say your plenty full". I replied as Emmett chuckled. Garrett smiled.
    "She's a real keeper Emmett". Emmett rolled his eyes.
    "Garrett my friend we have come here to ask for your help". Travis stated. Getting right to the task at hand. Garrett walked closer towards us and as he neared us he slightly gasped when he saw me full on in the light.
   "Ava". He whispered.
   "What kind of help?" He questioned Travis. Travis glanced at us and both of us nodded our heads. He then turned his attention back to Garrett.
   "The Volturi have ordered a death threat against Carlisle and his family and we need witnesses to prove his innocence". Travis replied. Garrett let out a chuckle.
    "Good old Carlisle. What did he do this time?"
    "They believe that my sister has created an immortal child".

Things are starting to get good! And though Garrett was able to control himself around Dani, for the others coming it may be a challenge.