Chapter 25 : The hotel mess

Start from the beginning

"Did you even order something to drink ?", I cut off the  silence in the atmosphere ."I guess Gina, you should cut Francis's balls "

Gina laughed, her hands intertwined with Samuel. He looked handsome enough, I just wanted to brush his teeth every time. Like I know that there has to be a shade of yellow in everyone's teeth, it's natural but it was very yellow. Stop being so judgemental Amms.

Francis and I bounded, giving some space to the couple. They say that there's a wall in friendship whenever the third person arrives but that's the life you have to accept that and keep going, keep pushing harder for the people you love.

I suddenly felt a pat on my left arm, Sonia stood there with a sad face. I stood up at once leveling my height with hers, a tear flicked through her eye which traveled across her cheeks making way till the chin. "Hey, it's okay. What's wrong ?"

I pulled her into a hug, she sniffled so Francis handed her a tissue from the box. She took it at once and rubbed a nose with his after pulling over. Francis mouthed me a how-do-you-know-her- but I ignored him focusing on Sonia.

"I-I ", she stammered "I had a date, I met him on Facebook, we fixed an appointment. He just didn't show up ", she seemed low.

"Did you see his real picture and by real I mean unedited from picsart, retrica or the tiara filter of Snapchat ", she nodded which clearly meant a no. "How did you come for someone who you had no idea about ", I frowned at her childish behavior.

She cried more after sensing my angry face ."Oh, I'm sorry ", I covered up. "What's his name ?", I questioned.

"James Faulkner ", another cheater named James, James Faulkner is an Australian cricket player, he's definitely fake, damn but wait it was Francis who replied to my question. How did he even know the name of the guy Sonia talked with?

I arched my eyebrows towards him in curiosity. " I am your culprit ", he raised both his hands to surrender. My eyes widened in shock, anger, and amusement. How much free time he actually had? Sonia stopped crying at once as she started eyeing Francis and he did the same.

If I would be Sonia I would've punched his balls for faking out but she went and hugged him instead as he seductively smiled. "Welcome to the family, Sonia ", I faked a smile and welcomed her to our table. After moments,  I was left liking everyone's picture on my Instagram feed while Gina and Francis bonded well with their partners.

I felt alone, not that I wanted a relationship desperately but I craved one too. I believed in fortune, in destiny. I wanted my perfect man to show up when it was a perfect time, I didn't want it fast. I just wanted it to take things place when they were meant to be, though a bit slow and late.

Memories flashed in my mind, how Mr. Reynolds helped me with my shoes. His touch on my toes yet felt warm and comforting. Stop thinking about him, he's irrelevant.

I cornered my eyes and saw that Samuel looked around and placed a short peck on Gina's lips. Control, you're public. I looked around the other way and saw Sonia giggling over Francis's jokes. How about the Dan guy, you confessed about? To be honest, I felt like a third wheel.

"Hey - hey, I am here too ", I frowned and took everyone's attention.  I pouted like a baby and made sure I was in limelight. "I am leaving, I'll better watch Chuck and Blair romancing ", it wasn't inferiority complexion but the dinner wasn't going as I expected it to. Francis initiated a conversation but my mood was already off so I ignored him and focused over the cheese on my food.

I turned around towards Francis as he now attended me, Gina was yet attending  Samuel. She mouthed me a 'sorry' whenever we had eye contact, I know it wasn't her fault. Samuel was a bit pushy when it came to her, he'd want her to be engrossed only with him.