Thirty-Seven

Nikki stared out the window, eyes shifting from each place they passed, wondering which one could be the big surprise.

"Close your eyes, we're getting close." Tommy murmured a few minutes later, smiling broadly. Nikki did as he was told, placing his head against the headrest.

A minute later, he felt the car turning and slowing down until it stopped abruptly.

"Turn to your left. You can look now." Tommy bit his lip, jittery in his seat. Nikki breathed deeply, opening his eyes.

"Since when have we had an aquarium in town?"

Tommy burst out laughing, pulling Nikki in for a kiss.

"I assume it's new. I've never seen it before either."

Nikki's eyes grew wide.

"Holy shit, I wanna see the eels! Do they have eels? Eels are so fucking cool-"

"Okay, good. You're excited," Tommy cut him off, laughing. "Let's go in, yeah?"

"Yeah, yeah!" Nikki was bouncing in his seat like a little kid. Tommy laughed, kissing him one more time before they both got out. Tommy locked the car, and they walked up to the entrance together.

The drummer bought two tickets at the front desk, smiling softly over at his boyfriend, who was gazing at all the pretty fish murals surrounding the small lobby. He gently nudged Nikki, handing him his ticket. A man with a bright smile hole-punched their tickets and they entered into a tall hallway with tanks on either side of them. Nikki was immediately fascinated with some purple and blue fish to his left, none more than two inches long, swimming in a crowd along the huge tank. He got so close that Tommy had to gently pull him back by his shirt to make sure his nose didn't leave smudge marks on the pristine clean glass.

"Look at 'em go, Tom.. they're so pretty." Nikki gasped, spotting what looked to be a clown fish in the tank on the other side of the hallway. Tommy laughed, walking after Nikki as he trotted along, following the fish swimming down the tank. Tommy's eyes caught onto a bright yellow fish, long and skinny. He chuckled, tapping Nikki's shoulder.

"That one reminds me of my dick."

Nikki tried his hardest not to laugh, but he did, unable to take his eyes off the squirming yellow fish again.

"Goddammit."

Tommy snickered.

"Look up, baby.." The drummer had only just noticed the tank above them now, placing a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder. Nikki gasped, eyes trailing up and landing on the bright, gleaming school of fish above them that matched the color of his verdant gaze.

"Woah."

While Nikki gazed upwards, Tommy's eyes stayed locked on his precious boyfriend. The way his jaw slacked as his eyes focused up high, Tommy couldn't help but reach out and caress his face.

Nikki turned to him, nuzzling into his hand.

"You're beautiful." Tommy murmured, gently pulling him in for a kiss. Nikki closed his eyes, moving closer so their chests were pressed together.

The sound of the water surrounding them was the only noise besides their breathing as Tommy gently pulled away, eyes still closed. Nikki laughed breathily against his lips, twirling some of Tommy's curls around his finger.

"Wanna go to the next room?" Nikki murmured, giggling and grabbing Tommy's hands. The drummer laughed, allowing Nikki to joyfully lead him around the corner.

"Look at 'em!" Nikki cried, excitedly trotting over to a tank containing what looked like a bunch of rocks and nothing more. When Tommy got closer, he realized that some of the rocks were moving, and curling. Rolling.