Nine

At some point, they'd brought the pizza upstairs and fallen asleep on Nikki's bed again. The time was passing quickly and six o'clock was rushing towards them.

About 6:10, the front door clicked open and the knob turned. Nikki's parents entered the house, finding it dark and quiet. Nikki's mother went upstairs to see if her son was in his room.

She opened the door to find her son curled up with another boy she had never seen before, an empty pizza box next to them, and a few crushed cans of beer tossed onto the floor.

"Frankie?"

Nikki woke with a start, sitting straight up and staring at his mother in the doorway.

"Hi, honey.. who's this?" She whispered, but Tommy had already woken up. He stretched, turning and smiling at Nikki's mother.

"Hello, Mrs. Feranna.. My name's Tommy, I'm a friend of Nikki's. Sorry that you had to find me asleep in your house.." Tommy laughed awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. He was still shirtless, and still wearing Nikki's pants. Thankfully his boyfriend's mother didn't notice.

"Nikki? Frankie, I keep telling you - you're never going to get any girls to like you if you keep using a girl's name."

"I don't want girls to like me, Mom. I'm still just as gay as I was when I came out three years ago," The smaller boy rolled his eyes, huffing. "And it isn't a girl's name - it's /my/ name." Nikki sighed, folding his arms over his chest.

Tommy shifted uncomfortably on the bed, staring down at his lap, sensing a fight. Nikki growled softly under his breath before continuing. His mother had obviously hit a nerve.

"And for the record, Tommy here is my /boyfriend/ - not just my friend. Do you need more proof that I'm not straight, and never will be?"

His mother frowned, tucking some of her hair behind her ear.

"Honey.. I'm sorry. Can we start again?" She smiled sweetly at Tommy, walking over to the bed and shaking hands with him.

"It's wonderful to meet you, Tommy."

Nikki seemed aghast.

"You- you don't mind that I have a boyfriend?"

His mother shook her head, taking Tommy's hand in her own and squeezing it gently.

"If he makes you happy.. Nikki.. then it makes me happy. Plus, you're eighteen - you can make your own decisions, no matter how hard it is for me to give you up." She murmured, smiling softly. Nikki hopped off the bed and enveloped her in a tight hug.

"Thank you."

His mother laughed softly, hugging him back.

"I'll leave you boys alone. Keep the door open." She teased lightly, turning and exiting the room. Nikki grinned at his lover, tackling him onto the bed. Tommy laughed, closing his eyes as Nikki's soft lips pressed against his own. Their tongues tangled together, Nikki giggling softly into the kiss. The smaller boy broke it off, collapsing happily on top of Tommy.

"Oh my god, baby, I feel like an anvil's been lifted off my chest."

"I feel like an anvil's been put on my chest." Tommy snickered, pushing Nikki off his body. He rolled, pinning his smaller lover down to the bed. Nikki giggled, allowing Tommy to flop down on top of him.

"You've got super cute legs, babe. The shorts make them even cuter. Have I ever mentioned that?" Tommy smiled, sat up, butt on Nikki's thighs. Nikki laughed, hands landing on Tommy's hips.

"I think you've told me that every bit of me is cute at least once by now." Nikki smushed Tommy's cheeks between his palms, smiling goofily up at his love.

"I can't help it!" Tommy laughed, slipping off Nikki and laying back next to him. They shared a loving kiss before their time was interrupted once again, this time by Nikki's father.

"Hey, Dad." Nikki sat up, grinning.

"Hey, Nik - your mom just told me about Tommy here, she was real happy that you finally found someone new. I just wanted to say hello. Hope I didn't interrupt anything." Nikki's father chuckled, shaking Tommy's hand when the older boy hopped off the bed to greet him.

"It's great to meet you, Mr. Feranna. Your son is truly an amazing person, I'm blessed that you're allowing me to continue seeing him." Tommy smiled softly, glancing over at Nikki on the bed.

Nikki buried his face in his hands, blush burning on his face. Tommy chuckled.

"I appreciate that you aren't like some of the other guys he's brought home before. Some kids are really disrespectful," Nikki's father frowned. "But I have faith that you can make my son happy, so you have my approval."

"Thank you, sir." Tommy nodded quickly, smiling brightly. Nikki was watching from between his fingers, wanting nothing more than for his father to leave before he said something embarrassing.

With that, Nikki's father exited, shutting the door behind him. Nikki flopped back on his bed, shirt rolling up and exposing his belly.

"I am so glad that's over. It's a miracle that they like you - I thought by now they'd be fed up with boys. He's right, though - the only guys I've gotten before you have been compete dickheads."

Tommy laid down beside his love, taking advantage of his position and slipping his hand up Nikki's shirt, rubbing his stomach softly.

"I'm glad that you don't consider me a dickhead," He chuckled, pressing a kiss to Nikki's cheek. "But I'm also very happy that they like me. With the way you were freaking out today, I was afraid they were some serious homophobes or some shit."

Nikki shook his head, shrugging, leaning into Tommy's warmth. He rested his hand on top of Tommy's on his belly, stilling his boyfriend's movements as he intertwined their fingers.

"No, I just never know how they're going to take things. They're unpredictable, so I always assume the worst." Nikki explained softly, exhaustion from earlier starting to tug at his eyelids once again as the adrenaline and nerves from the situation began to die down.

"Baby.. I have to go home soon." Tommy murmured sadly, feeling Nikki pull him closer.

"I don't want to sleep without you." The smaller boy grumbled, squeezing Tommy's hand.

"After you graduate, we can move in together - that sound good? Sleep together every night. And we'll have a normal relationship. No school situations. No worries. It'll be great, baby - just a few months to go." Tommy whispered, breath tickling Nikki's ear.

"Fuck."

"What?" Tommy asked softly, gently beginning to rub Nikki's belly again as he realized his boyfriend was falling asleep. Nikki yawned softly before speaking again.

"I'm falling so hard for you."

"It's okay. I'm here to catch you when you fall."

Nikki smiled softly at this reply.

"Every time?"

"Every time."