Twenty-Nine

Tommy was seated at his old grading desk, reading a book he wasn't totally interested in when Nikki entered the apartment.

"Hey, babe!" The drummer called, hearing the door close. Nikki trotted into the room, bag still on his shoulder.

"Hi, T-Bone." He grinned, dropping his bag on the floor and jumping into Tommy's lap. The taller boy laughed, pressing a soft kiss to Nikki's lips.

"How was today? Did anyone give you a hard time..?"

Nikki quickly shook his head.

"Nope, everything was fine. I don't think whoever put that note in spread it around, thankfully. Also, I may have set up Mick and Vince." Nikki smirked devilishly, mischief swimming in his eyes. Tommy laughed.

"Oh, great. A band full of gay couples, this is sure gonna be fun." Tommy rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"Anyway, we were gonna practice tonight, and I have some songs I want to show them. You coming with?" Nikki grinned, bouncing excitedly.

"Well, I'm your ride and also your drummer, so yeah. Of course." Tommy chortled, watching Nikki slip off his lap. The bassist grabbed him by his hands, pulling him up and dancing him around the room without a word.

"What are you doin', cutie?" Tommy laughed, allowing Nikki to spin him around. The smaller boy giggled, taking one hand and dancing them all the way to Tommy's bedroom. Nikki pushed Tommy onto the end of his bed, making sure he stayed sitting up as he descended onto his lap once more.

Nikki straddled Tommy with a soft grin, pressing their lips together. Tommy's hands roamed his back as Nikki deepened the kiss, tangling his tongue with his boyfriend's.

Nikki broke it off a moment later, keeping his eyes shut as he leaned his forehead against Tommy's. He let out a breathy giggle, bumping his nose against's Tommy.

"I love you." Nikki whispered, eyes still closed. Tommy kept his shut as well, gently running his fingers through his lover's long hair.

"I love you, too." He murmured sweetly, breaking off into a laugh as Nikki shoved him roughly back onto the bed. The bassist crawled on top of him, the familiar press of his lips against Tommy's once again.

"What time is practice, and where?" Tommy breathed, gently removing Nikki from his lips.

"Four at Vince's. We've got like an hour, a little under." Nikki smiled innocently, running a hand up Tommy's shirt. The drummer waggled his eyebrows, chuckling.

"You know I like to take my time with these things." Tommy teased, allowing Nikki to sit up. He blew out a breath, glancing up at the beauty on top of him. Tommy reached up, caressing Nikki's cheek in his hand. His boyfriend leaned into the gentle touch, closing his eyes blissfully.

"Yeah.. yeah.. we could always just make out and see where it goes.." Nikki tittered, gazing down at his lover, turning his head and pressing a kiss to his palm. Tommy rolled his eyes.

"You know very well where it'll go, you rascal. We don't have time."

"Then let's get started now!" Nikki laughed, leaning down and connecting their lips, slipping his tongue into Tommy's mouth when he tried to protest again.

Tommy broke it off with a gasp, sighing in mock exasperation.

"Fine."

"Hey, Nikki, Tommy - you guys are late." Mick noted as the two boys trotted into Vince's garage. Nikki rolled his eyes, putting his bass case on the ground.

"We were busy."

Vince and Mick exchanged glances, chuckling suggestively.

Tommy furrowed his brows, ignorant to the laughter, spotting an entire brand-new looking drum kit set up in the garage.

"Where'd you get that?" He questioned, wishing he still had a kit like it.

"Parents. Got it when I was young, because they've got money and all that shit. They wanted me to play instruments, but I learned guitar instead of drums. These have just been for band practice when we do it here since I gave up on learning to drum. Sucks about all the money they spent on me, thinking it would go to boyish stuff, and hobbies - it all went to makeup and fancy new clothes. What's funny is that they expected a girl the whole time, so I always had a pink room, until I was about seven, when I said I wanted to paint my room. And let they me paint pretty flowers all over the walls. Maybe all that is why I'm like this." Vince snickered, tossing his hair over his shoulder. Vince was possibly, easily, the gayest man Tommy had ever met, and it amazed him.

"Okay.. cool, I guess." The drummer chuckled, clapping him on the shoulder before taking his spot behind the kit. Vince furiously brushed off his fringed white leather jacket, straightening out the creases Tommy's hand had left on his shoulder.

"Hey, anyway.." Nikki spoke up after watching the scene unfold with a mischievous grin. "You guys a thing yet?" He motioned to Vince and Mick, who were standing dangerously close together.

Mick looked like he was about to panic again. Vince gently reached down and laced their fingers together with a soft laugh.

"My shy baby.." He pressed a soft kiss to Mick's cheek. "Yeah, we decided to go steady. Pizza makes me an easy catch." Vince grinned over at the guitarist, who looked like he wanted to sink into the ground. Nikki snickered. He rarely ever saw Mick embarrassed and it was something he never wanted to forget.

"You're always an easy catch," Nikki sneered. "Anyway, I'm super happy for you two. Oh, and I have my writing journal in my case - I've got a few new songs I wanted to show ya. They're called Take Me To the Top, Too Fast For Love, and Without You." Nikki grinned, squatting down and opening up his bass case. He removed the instrument, quickly setting up its portable stand and placing the bass on it. He opened to the correct pages, handing the journal to Vince.

The blond read them over quickly, smiling to himself.

"Amazing, as always. You're a natural songwriter, Sixx," Vince grinned, pointing to the third song. "This one's lovely, but I dunno if it'll fit the rest of the album. We might wanna save it for another time. It's not that I don't like it, it's wonderful - it just may not fit the flow." He murmured, handing the journal back to Nikki. The bassist shrugged, nodding.

"I figured that you'd say that, it's fine. I just hope it'll get used someday."

"I also appreciate how it says 'Tommy's Song' next to the title." Vince laughed softly.

"Oh, shut up. I didn't write it for you." Nikki growled, laughing. He shoved the journal back in one of the pockets of his bass case, snatching up the instrument and placing it over his shoulder.

"We good to go?"

Vince skipped over to the microphone and flicked it on while Mick put the strap of his guitar over his body. Tommy clapped his drumsticks together behind them.

"Ready."