Twenty-Five

Nikki was afraid to go home.

Tommy promised that he would stay outside in his car, if Nikki had to run out again he'd be there, but the smaller man refused. He'd take whatever his parents did.

Tommy sighed, knowing there was no way to argue with him when his mind was made up.

After a nap and a warm shower together, Nikki redressed himself, mostly in Tommy's clothes. He led he way out of Tommy's apartment, feeling his boyfriend grab his hand and hold on as they walked to the car.

Nikki hopped in the car, sitting cross-legged in his seat.

"You okay?" Tommy asked softly as he got in, leaning over to kiss Nikki lightly.

"I'm just anxious. It's nothing." The bassist grumbled, staring out the window as Tommy pulled out of the parking lot. In reality, he was only going home because he had to eventually. He'd rather stay at Tommy's forever.

The silence was getting to Tommy, he never liked it when Nikki was quiet. It either meant he was upset or up to no good.

"Kitten?"

Nikki furrowed his brow, glancing over at Tommy.

"Huh?"

"Kitten. Do you mind if I call you that? Ever since I saw you with your stage makeup on, I've always thought you looked like a kitten. The black lines are like whiskers." Tommy laughed sheepishly, eyes focused on the road.

"That's kinda.. actually, I like it. Yeah." Nikki laughed, feeling his cheeks heat up.

"You're so cute." Tommy stole a glance at Nikki's pink cheeks before gazing back in front of him.

"How do you make me smile when I'm afraid for my life?" Nikki snickered, folding his arms over his chest.

"I dunno. Being in love is a funny thing." Tommy murmured, smiling sweetly over at his boyfriend. It made Nikki's stomach flip and he couldn't pull the grin off his face as he stared down at his lap.

"You still give me butterflies, what the fuck." Nikki laughed, resting his hand on Tommy's knee as they pulled up to his house.

"As you still do for me. I love you." Tommy put the car in park, turning and softly pressing his lips to Nikki's.

Nikki nearly melted in Tommy's grasp as his boyfriend's hand came up to his head, gently caressing his cheek and cradling his face as they kissed.

"I love you, too." Nikki whispered against his lips, eyes still closed as he rested his forehead against Tommy's.

"Do you want me to stay outside?" Tommy pressed, opening his eyes in sync with the smaller man.

"No.. I think it'll be okay. The damage is already done, anyway.. I'll call you if everything is okay, or I'll make a run to your apartment." The bassist replied softly, as if his parents could hear them in the car.

"Okay.. stay safe, kitten." Tommy exchanged one last smile with his lover. He pulled him in for a tight hug before sitting back and letting him exit the car. He watched, biting his lip, as Nikki trotted up to his front door. He knocked once, and then it opened, and he was yanked inside.

Tommy wanted to stay so badly, but he knew Nikki would be even more upset if he didn't listen to his wishes. Regretfully, he pulled out and drove back home.

Nikki's father had his hand firmly on his son's shoulder, steering him to the kitchen where his mother was waiting at the table.

No one spoke for a good minute.