Four

After he was sure Nikki was safely inside, Tommy pulled out and drove the ten minutes to his apartment complex, leaving his car and trotting up a few flights of stairs to his flat. He unlocked it and closed the door behind him, walking into his bedroom and emptying his pockets onto the dresser. He stood in front of the mirror as he unbuttoned his shirt, removing the flannel and revealing his Aerosmith shirt. The college student sprayed some cologne under his arms before removing his shoes and dress pants. He slipped into some tight-fitting jeans, cuffed at the bottom. He left his Converse by the dresser, ready to grab later when he left to pick up Nikki.

Nikki.

Nikki was a new kind of problem, something Tommy had never expected to deal with. The last thing he had presumed to happen when he took this job was to fall for one of his students. It was wrong on so many levels, but he couldn't stop now - he didn't want to stop now. Besides, he wasn't really Nikki's teacher - he'd be gone after Mrs. Sullivan came back later in the year and then everything would go back to normal. He and Nikki would work around college and school hours and make a real relationship work. They could forget that at any point in time, Tommy had been Nikki's math teacher.

Tommy was falling for Nikki in the worst way. Falling for the way his fingers grazed over his papers, falling for the way they wrapped around his pencil tightly when he was frustrated with something, falling for the way they felt in his own. Falling for the way his hair blew in the soft breeze of early November, for the way he twirled his dyed-black locks around his finger when he was nervous. Falling in love with his eyes, the beautiful shimmering emeralds he couldn't tear his own away from. Tommy wished he could be with Nikki in the morning. He wanted to see Nikki put his eyeliner on. The sharp lines represented how sharply Tommy's heart had hit the downhill. Most of all, Tommy was miserably falling for the way Nikki felt in his arms, how his hands fit perfectly into curve of Nikki's spine, how Nikki's soft belly felt pressed against his toned abs. The way Nikki's nose nuzzled into his neck earlier today; he could feel the smaller boy's smooth breath against his collarbones, dying to feel his beautiful lips pressed there instead. He was falling so damn hard.

Tommy found himself bent over his dresser, face hidden in his hands as he thought of all the things he wanted to do with Nikki. Not just sexual activities, although of course they were in there - his heart was excited by new love and he hadn't been in a relationship in years. He desperately wanted this to work out.

Nikki was in a similar situation, seated cross-legged on his bed with his chin resting in his hands. He had a dumb smile plastered to his face as he thought of Tommy. He had changed into a Led Zeppelin shirt but kept the torn jeans - he thought they made his ass look nice. And indeed they did.

His mother had questioned him on who had dropped him off at home, leaving at it 'Just a friend', and going upstairs. He didn't mention that he'd be going out again later, as she would probably try and make him stay home. He'd leave a note for her when Tommy arrived.

Speaking of Tommy, Nikki couldn't get his mind off the man. There was something about his presence that made Nikki feel safe, secure - loved. It was the spark he had felt when he first laid eyes on Tommy coming back to bite him. Nikki had been in relationships before, none of them had ever lasted - the longest being two weeks. Nikki had never been in love before.

But now he was starting to think he was.

Unsure as he was, he put his complete faith in Tommy - the guy had done absolutely nothing wrong so far, and had charmed him off his feet. He was driving Nikki crazy. The way Tommy's lips felt against his own made him desperate for more, wanted to feel them elsewhere, wanted to feel everything and anything Tommy would give him. The way his callused fingers felt on Nikki's warm skin.. he wanted to feel them everywhere. He wanted to feel them more. He wanted to feel Tommy's tight grip on his thighs, wanted Tommy to spread him and maneuver him as he pleased. Wanted Tommy to take him, to claim him.

Maybe Nikki was a horny teenager, maybe not. Take a wild guess.

The time was flying by and before Tommy knew it, it was 3:50. He slipped his feet into his shoes and tied them quickly, shoving his keys and his wallet into his pockets and making the trip back down to his car. He drove the quick way to Nikki's home, pausing outside his little red house.

In a matter of seconds, Nikki was out the door, bolting to Tommy's car like he had a pack of wild dogs on his tail.

"Hey, baby! I missed you!" Nikki grinned cheerfully, hopping in.

"Welcome back. It's been a whole hour since you last saw me." Tommy chuckled, leaning over and sharing a soft kiss with Nikki. The younger boy smiled down at his lap as they pulled out, playing with his hands.

"Excited?"

"Of course!" Nikki grinned up at Tommy, brushing his bangs out of his sight. Tommy glanced over at Nikki for a moment before focusing back on the road.

"You look beautiful."

"I changed my shirt and fucked up my hair because of it," Nikki snickered, reaching out and twirling some of Tommy's hair around his finger. "You, however, are the one who's really beautiful."

"You're always beautiful, Nik!" Tommy gasped in mock offense, rolling his eyes. "No matter what you're wearing or how done or not done your hair is, you're always beautiful to me."

"You're such a romantic," Nikki teased, glancing out the window. "Besides, being beautiful is overrated. The more you try to be beautiful, the more you spur on the life of this society of standards that runs all of our lives."

"You should become a poet. A punk poet." Tommy laughed softly, ruffling Nikki's hair as they paused at a red light. Nikki stuck his tongue out, growling playfully.

Tommy pulled into the pizzeria, parking and hopping out of the car. He slipped over to Nikki's side before he could get out, opening the door for him like a gentleman. Nikki smiled softly, unsure of whether to grab Tommy's hand or not. He decided against it, remembering that someone else could be here that knew them both - it would be strange enough to explain why he and his math sub were going for pizza, even more so if they seemed to be in a relationship.

Speaking of relationships, Nikki didn't know what to call them. He wanted to ask Tommy, because obviously they both liked each other but they weren't labeling it yet. Nikki wondered if he could go over to Tommy's after the movie so they could talk about it.

Tommy's hand on his lower back guiding him forward through the door yanked him out of his thoughts. Nikki glanced up to Tommy with a sweet smile as they walked to a table. It wasn't a proper restaurant, with seating - it was more like a café of sorts. After claiming a table, Tommy led the way up to the counter where they picked out the fresh slices they would get and drinks. Tommy paid and they grabbed their food.

They sat back down at their table with matching Pepsis and cheese pizza slices.

"This is really nice, Tommy. Thank you." Nikki murmured, taking another bite of his pizza. Tommy smiled without teeth, swallowing.

"It's no problem, babe." Tommy spoke softly, voice drumming deep in his throat. Something about it made Nikki blush.

They finished their pizza, leaving a tip at the table for the restaurant and walking out. Nikki couldn't stop himself from grabbing hold of Tommy's hand and swinging it between them this time. Tommy smiled softly, loving all of Nikki's adorable little actions.

"So, about that movie.." Nikki smirked as they hopped into the car.

"It's already five-thirty. Would you maybe wanna just go back to my place and watch a movie there? You could stay over if you'd like.. or I could drive you home after. Whatever you want." Tommy finished a bit awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck before starting the car. Nikki smirked slyly, hand squeezing Tommy's knee gently. Without thinking about his family, Nikki replied.

"Fuck yeah, that sounds great. Let's go back to your place."

With a knowing grin, Tommy pulled out of the parking lot.