The Ultimate Weapon!

Start from the beginning

Serena overheard Lysandre and someone else's conversation. "So the pokeballs we received and the Pokemon we've gathered are where they need to be. Add it all up, and it means all preparations are complete!" Serena guessed he must be a scientist too. Aliana told the blonde about another scientist named Xerosic, this man must be him.

Lysandre gave a nod. "The only thing left to do is put the plan in motion. I'm counting on you." Serena came to a stop in front of them. "One push of a button, and we can activate the ultimate weapon from this room." Lysandre passed by Serena slowly and said in a low tone, "I believe being a chosen one means you have the potential to change the future! Whether we activate the ultimate weapon or leave it safely underground will rest upon if you actually have this potential or not."

Serena felt herself sweating. This whole thing was stressful. "Oh ho ho! You're the one I've heard so much about! I've been waiting for you!" Xerosic said. "I need to do a little research on you! Come, let us begin!"

They threw their pokeballs at the same time.

"Wonderful! Amazing! You have tremendous skill and bravery! When you add that up, it means I will tell you something very interesting." Xerosic started. Serena listened carefully. "It happened 3,000 years ago. The ultimate weapon was used to put an end to the war in an instant. If we use the incredible power, we can finally free Kalos of the foolish humans that plague it!" The scientist pointed behind him. "Behind me you'll find a red button and a blue button. One of them is the button for activating the ultimate weapon. Push one now! Come on! Push one!" He lightly shoved her over to the buttons.

Serena looked uncertainly at the buttons. She gulped. Which one is it? I'm afraid to press anything! Serena took out all her Pokemon. They looked around then turned their attention on the Trainer. "G-Guys... You heard what they said... I have to press a button, but I'm not sure if I can."

Lykos placed a paw to his cheek and observed the blue and red buttons. 'You should go for the blue one.' Hikari agreed.

'Red buttons always mean trouble.'

'Yes, but what if that's what they want you to think and the blue button is bad.' Sakura tried to reason. Matsu and Serena listened as they argued. The Greninja cast a small glance at Xerosic, who watched them all with an amused expression.

'Serena...' He caught his faithful Trainer's attention.

"What is it?" She lowered her voice.

'Go for either button.' Was all he said. Serena searched his eyes for any signs of doubt or something. After a while she nodded and went for the red button. Xerosic and her Pokemon watched her.

Serena hesitated a few times until she finally pressed the button. The scientist laughed behind her and she turned to face him quickly with a worried face. "W-What's funny?" She asked nervously.

"You pushed it! Oh ho ho! You pushed the little red button! Too bad... for you!" He laughed. Serena's eyes widened and her Pokemon, excluding Matsu, looked at each other in confusion. "Pushing that button has enabled us to use the ultimate weapon!"

"B-But!" Serena couldn't speak.

"Don't feel too down, though. I would have activated it even if you had guessed correctly." Matsu shot a glare at the man.

'I knew it!' He growled. Serena understood what Matsu meant now, neither button was truly correct.

"Come on! Look! Look at the monitor!" Serena complied and watched the monitor.

The pointy stones of Geosenge Town started moving and vanished underground then popped out in broken stones. A giant glowing object came from underground, it looked like a flower bud. It bloomed, a blast of light shooting into the sky for a moment. Some houses were knocked away. Serena hoped no one got hurt as she gazed at the weapon from the monitor, frozen. Her Pokemon couldn't believe what they were seeing, that was the weapon that took the lives of Pokemon.

"Did you see? The ultimate weapon is reborn!" Xerosic cheered. "The poisonous flower has bloomed! All shall perish! Except for Team Flare! Look at Geosenge! It has bloomed in Geosenge Town!" Serena weakly glared at him, not having the strength to yell at him. "The boss's dream of creating a beautiful world will come true! Add it all up, and it equals... a victory for our SCIENCE!"

"Oh, would you just SHUT UP!!!" Serena yelled at him, clearly startling him. Serena hardly ever yelled but everything was overwhelming and stressful. Returning all her Pokemon, except for Matsu, the blonde raced out of the room. I've got to get to Geosenge Town!

Serena quickly noticed the change in atmosphere once she got to Geosenge Town. Some Team Flare Grunts blocked the path to Route 10, Serena swore she could hear Pokemon cries coming from that direction. The blonde stared up at the crystal-like flower, it was very beautiful for something used for evil. Matsu put a reassuring hand on her head and smiled, though it couldn't be seen with his tongue scarf. She gave him a sweet smile and they walked around the small town.

'I hope everyone is safe.' Matsu said as he looked at the houses that have been flipped and tipped over. Serena stopped, the Greninja gave her a confused look. She pointed ahead. The giant boulder had a door and a Grunt standing close to it.

"That must be the base!" She shouted catching the Grunts attention. "Looks like we have to battle." Matsu nodded. The Grunt sent out a Manetric.

Serena sighed as she watched the Grunt run inside the elevator. The base must be underground. The Trainer walked over until a voice stopped her.

"Serena, you're not in this alone!" She felt extremely happier than normal, and relieved, as she heard Calem running over. He gave her a determined smile when joining the girl's side.

"Calem..." Serena flashed him a smile.

"When I was in Lysandre's lab, the masked heroes told me what is going on. They also told me what Team Flare plans to do with the ultimate weapon!" He was upset over the idea, if the world did end then Serena wouldn't know about his feelings. "C'mon! Let's stop Team Flare... No... We have to stop Lysandre himself!" Calem paused. "I... I want to protect my friends!"

Serena smiled at his energy. When he's determined then she's happier and energized as well. "You're not the only one! I want to save my friends and everyone!" The girl cheered and ran inside, Matsu tried to match her speed. "Bravery!" Her voice echoed. Calem watched after her with wide eyes then laughed and walked after her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*