Forty two

Camila sat in the same position she had been all day yesterday and all night. She sat in the chair beside Lauren's bed, only ever leaving her side to check on Dinah.

She didn't really get any sleep. She couldn't stop worrying about Lauren. Even though her girlfriend was already wake, she still spent most of her hours sleeping, which made Camila anxious. But she was told that Lauren should be less sleepy today.

Camila placed her thumb lightly on Lauren's cheek and caressed it softly. She didn't mean to wake the green eyed girl, but unfortunately that's what happened.

"Good morning sunshine." A smile spread across Lauren's lips, causing a smile to form on Camila's lips as well.

"Hi." Lauren managed to get out.

"Hi baby." The small girl let out softly. She reached out and pushed a piece of hair behind Lauren's ear.

"Camz." The green eyed girl got her girlfriend's attention. "Why are you-"

She paused for second and clutched her chest in pain. Camila grabbed her hand and held it supportingly. It was all she could do. She hated being so god damn helpless.

"I know baby, I know. I'm so sorry." She looked towards Lauren apologetically.

"It's okay. Why are you here?" The older girl questioned.

"What do you mean?" The Cuban furrowed her eyebrows.

"Out of rehab. I thought you were only here for the night?" Camila shook her head.

"I'm staying right here for as long as I need to." She watched Lauren bite her lip and divert her attention away from her. "What?"

"I just want you to get better." Lauren had a sad look on her face.

"I am baby, I'm still trying. I had dinner here last night, I had breakfast with Normani earlier today." The small girl reassured.

"That's great Camz! I'm so happy that you're doing well." Lauren voiced with sincerity in her eyes.

"Oh, yeah thank you." The Cuban blushed and bit her lip to hide her smile.

"Did Mani tell you why I was driving?" Lauren questioned with a stressed expression.

"No, why?"

"Because I wanted to tell you." Camila couldn't help but notice the insecurity in Lauren's voice.

"You can tell me."

"I was driving to see you Camila. The drive is a whole day and we were probably halfway there. Dinah was tired so I took over driving. We were in a random state and there was black ice in the road. I've never drove on ice before so I didn't know what to do. And we hit the ice and we just kept sliding and skidding and I couldn't do anything to stop the truck. I was so fucking scared. I crashed the car head on into a telephone pole. Dinah's Range Rover. Oh my god! She's going to kill me! She's going to be so mad! How is she? Is she okay? Holy fuc-"

"Okay first of all, relax. She's not mad at you. Second, she got discharged this morning, she's at a hotel with Milika and Ally. She's okay. She has a cut on the side of her head, it has a few stitches. She's also convinced herself that she has a bruised rib. I mean, she probably does but she won't speak up. Dinah's too shy to speak up. She has a really bad concussion though. All she does is sleep. She's really loopy but she's okay Lauren." Camila tried. She thought thing would be comforting information to the green eyed green eyed girl. But when she looked at Lauren she saw nothing but guilt.