Thirty four

Camila was startled awake out of her sleep. Her heart was pounding against her chest. She was sweating, which was strange because she felt freezing. Camila laid back down, trying to even out her breathing.

It was just a bad dream. She told herself.

Camila let out a shaky breath and picked up her phone. She unlocked the screen, flinching at the brightness. Her lockscreen was a picture of Lauren cuddled up with Sofia. Camila frowned. It seemed like she couldn't get her mind off of the Lauren. Everything was a constant reminder of her.

She slid out of her bunk. It was dark and everyone was sleeping. She didn't want to turn on the lights and wake everyone up, so Camila used the flashlight on her phone.

The small girl made her way to the kitchen to get water. Camila grabbed a glass out of the cabinet with shaky hands. She tried to steady her hands, but before she knew it, the glass slipped out of her hands, shattering against the ground.

"Holy shit!" Camila exclaimed. Her eyes went wide and she felt her heart started racing out of shock.

Camila immediately started to panic, bending down to collect the pieces of glass from the floor. She stood up, sending a rush of dizziness through her. She stumbled backwards, trying to keep her balance but unsuccessfully.

Camila fell backwards and landed on the floor with a thud, thankfully not landing on any of the sharp glass scattered on the floor.

"Camila?" A voice spoke up. The lights flickered on, revealing Lauren, with a panicked expression on her face.

"I'm sorry. I'll c-clean it. I promise." Camila attempted to stand back up, her legs slightly wobbling beneath her.

"Camila, please relax. Don't touch the glass. I will clean it up. I need you to go lay down." Lauren pleaded.

"I need water." Camila struggled to get out. Lauren nodded in response and filled a cup of water for her.

Lauren held the cup to Camila's lips, knowing if the small girl held the cup, it would slip out of her hands.

The green eyed girl reached down to help the small girl to her feet, but Camila pushed her hands away.

"Please. No. Don't t-touch me." Camila pushed herself up to her feet slowly.

"Camz, I'm not going to hurt you." Lauren reassured. She wished Camila would just trust her again.

"No." Camila countered. "Just let me clean this up!"

"Okay." Lauren gave up.

"Okay?" Camila questioned, surprised Lauren caved in that easy. The older girl just nodded in response.

Lauren watched Camila nervously, biting her lip. She didn't want camila to cut herself on the glass accidentally. Or purposely for that matter.

Camila finished cleaning up the glass and threw the pieces in the trash. She let out a breath of air she didn't know she was holding in.

"Can we please talk?" Lauren pleaded.

"No." Camila responded.

Camila tried to calm her nerves down. But it just wasn't working. She couldn't help but feel nervous around Lauren. She couldn't just forgive her overnight.