• S2 | yan of thé Sorrow #2 | #15 •

Start from the beginning

The longer I sat the colder it became, I didn't realize how much time had passed until the noon bell sounded across campus. My phone vibrated in my pocket as I reached for it. My mom name popped up as I chuckled looking up at the sky. "You're something else you know that" I said pointing as I ignored the call. She called again as I ignored the call once again.

"Oohkay" I mumbled to myself getting up from the bench as I noticed Jeremiah jogging across the court yard. He had his head phones in running as we were seconds away from crossing paths. He removed his headphone breathing hard. "You look like you're feel better" he smiled as I rocked back in forth. "Do I really?" I asked as he chuckled.

"I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it, you should know Me by now" he spoke as I laughed. "It's clear I don't know anyone" I sighed smirking as he blew into his hands. "You out here running in the cold, working out that serious?" I asked as he flexed. "It's actually relaxing, you should run with me everyday. Might relieve some of the stress you've been dealing with" he spoke as we started to walk.

"I have one more lap what you say?" He asked as I stepped to the side. "You got it, imma just head up" I said as he jogged in place. "Whenever you want to I'm here" he smiled as he put his head phones back in jogging away.

I crossed over towards my dorm as I noticed josh standing there with his hands in his pocket. My heart sped up the closer I got to him, his jaw muscle flexed as I stood a feet away from him. From the look on his eyes I knew something was wrong, he looked concern, but afraid all at once.

He looked around as I stepped up on the side walk. "You have some time?" He asked as I stood there with my head down. "I have nothing else, so I guess so" I mumbled looking up at him as he started to walk towards the parking lot. I followed behind him as he approached his car.

He unlocked the doors as we both got in. He turned his heater on as he started the car. I didn't bother to question where we were going as I just sat there starring out the window. He passed up a few lights as clouds started to cover the sun. We pulled up to a park that was surrounded by a lake.

Josh got out the car as I followed behind him. He guided me towards a bench as we sat. The view was absolutely amazing as a few people walked the trail.

"For two months I sat any questioned my dreams and my purpose" he said starring out at the lake as I watched the side of his face. "What was it that josh wanted, why did I grow up the way I did, why it took somebody else faith in me to want me to be better" he calmly spoke looking at me.

"I'll admit, it took every breath in my body to walk away from you Yandel" he mumbled as I felt my emotions coming over me. "I can't be mad at you because I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your support yan, I can't discredit you on that. You saw something in me I didn't see in myself" he added on rubbing my thigh.

"That month being away from you gave me so much time to think, for once I was able to be Joshua, live my truth, support my self for once, you know" he said leaning back on the bench. "I've always counted on you deep down to push me to want to be better, but I was able to be better on my own" he mumbled turning his head towards me.

"We've shared some of the best moments together yan, since day one you where the only person I'ver ever wanted to settle down with" he sighed as he whipped away the one tear that was forming. "I took this back from you, when I saw it on your dresser this morning" he said pulling out the black box.

"Look at me" he said grabbing my face. "No look deep" he semi-groaned as my eyes watered. "You're the first person that I've ever felt this pain for" he groaned trying to keep himself from tearing up as he sniffled. "I love you boy you know that?" He questioned as he held the side of my neck in his palm forcing me to stay connected with him.

"I'll give up anything and become anything to satisfy you and be by your side Yandel, you have my heart" he mumbled sucking in his lips as a tear had finally fell from his eye. "You've given me chance after chance after chance, and it's only right I do the same for you yan, and it's killing me deep down because I now understand your pain from all the years I did this to you" he sighed taking a deep swallow drying his face, keeping control of his emotions.

"I don't know what's going on in your life yan, but if you let me in, I promise on my soul" he said getting up from the bench, dropping down to one knee. "I will care and protect you to the best of my ability, I can't be the super man you dream of but I can be Joshua" he said opening the box.

"It's not much, but this ring means everything to me. I've never given someone this much power over my emotions and you have my heart in both hands Mr.edwards. If you take this ring, you have to promise me to let me be there and let me grow into the man I want to be, you have to promise to let me take the driver seat sometimes, most of all you have to promise to love me until love can't love anymore?" He sighed sliding the ring on.

"I love you boy, real shit man. Stop trying to be so strong all the time, we're human yan. That's all we can be baby" he said before pulling me in for a kiss.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
| Chapter sound track Inspiration |
- Dream: Code Blue