British Bird - Chapter Twenty Nine

Start from the beginning

Luke grins and my eyes narrow, heart dropping a little in my chest. "I'm always innocent, Cara, it's this flirt you want to be looking at." Luke points a thumb towards Sean.

Sean grins and shakes his head. Something I don't recognise travels through me as I watch him lay his towel on a sunbed. He isn't denying it, he isn't saying that he's innocent, like Luke was. A pair of brown eyes catch mine and Uncle raises a concerned eyebrow. I shake my head at him, kicking off my flip flops before turning and walking away.

"Sang, where are you going?" Cara calls. I shake my head and carry on walking, not turning around to look back.

xXx

I reach a small restaurant and buy myself a bottle of water with the small change I had in the pocket of my skirt. After thanking the nice man that served me, I turn to leave only to come to a stop when I see Sean standing a few feet away, watching me. I purse my lips, the boom boom of my heart ringing in my ears.

I stop in front of him and look down at my flip flops.

"Why did you run off, Pookie?" he asks quietly. I shrug a shoulder, not answering. "Is it because of the whole innocent thing?" I go to shake my head, to deny it, but I can't. I nod my head once, looking up to gaze at some of the waterslides close by.

"Can you look at me please, Sang?" It's hard, but I turn my head and look right into his grass green eyes. "Were you jealous?" he asks, stepping forward, closer to me.

"I don't know," I whisper truthfully. "You just... you didn't deny it. And..." I trail off, not sure what to actually say. What can I say? Nothing really.

He smiles a small smile before saying, "I'm a virgin, Sang." My heart skips several beats and my mouth pops open. "As far as I'm aware, we all are. And I know that over half of them haven't been kissed."

Now I'm curious. "Who?"

"Um... Gabe, Vic, Nate, Kota, Luke, and Owen. North I'm unsure about but I know Silas has kissed someone, back in Greece before he came here."

"Victor has," I whisper before I can stop myself. I press my lips together when his eye widen and eyebrows rise in surprise.

"Oh, I didn't know that. Did he tell you?" he asks, head tilting to the side curiously.

I shake my head. "No, he didn't tell me. It... it was me." His brows drop down into a frown, his lips pressing into a line. I rub at my forehead and say, "I guess I am jealous. The thought of you being with a girl in... that way, it hurts my heart yet, I've just got here and we're only friends—"

He cuts me off, gently grabbing my wrist and pulling me close to him, my water bottle slipping from my fingers and bouncing on to the ground. His eyes peer into mine and I suck in a breath at the emotion I see in their depths. "You're more than a friend to me, Sang." The air leaves my lungs in a whoosh. "You're stealing my heart."

"Oh my," I whisper. My heart is going to beat out of my chest, I'm sure of it.

"Besides," he says, his lips tilting up. "You shouldn't be worrying about things like kissing and sex. You are still very young."

Maybe so. "I'll be fourteen in October," I tell him. "Everyone my age is talking about sex and boyfriends at school."

"God, Sang," he whispers, his eyes bright. "Just because they're thinking, talking, or doing it doesn't mean you have too. Just know that..." he trails off and I wait. I wait for him to gather his thoughts, find the words he wants to say. My fingers wrap around his arms and travel up until they're wrapped around his biceps. "Just know that I'll always wait for you. Wait until you're older and more understanding of everything kissing and sex should involve."