Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw

Start from the beginning

I was certainly convinced that we definitely didn't have some good family history and I now I understood the purpose of me, being employed as his secretary as his holy motive would be to torture me.

I took the elevator as quickly after browsing his room once again as I could as I wanted to inform him that his father is upstairs so that he could pay him a visit. I knew that this action of mine will either lead to positive consequences or vice-versa.

On reaching the floor, I outstretched my legs forwardly towards Mr. Reynolds's hospital room. My eyeballs didn't catch his sight so I took a view around, being unable to locate him I sat on his bed resting my back over the mountains of the super fluffy pillows.

I tore the packets of chips which was in the mini-fridge closer to the right side of the bed and ate it crunching them with my teeth. I loved the noise so every time I ate one I made sure that the voice grew louder but what I liked about this 5-star room was that everything was available in hand.

"Oh I see a stalker ", Mr. Reynolds changed the uniform outfit of this place, he wore a loose pink shirt which exposed all of his body, it was light cotton in material and turned my heart heavy making me want to stargaze all day.

"Uh -oh ", I threw the packet of chips, actually his voice hit my reflex so it was not something I wanted to do.

"Calm down your nerves Miss Waters, I won't crunch you down ", he had an amused expression which definitely gave me a clear picture of his mood. "So why are you here again ?", he interrogated.

Oh Damn, I was so enchanted with the packet of chips that I totally forgot the purpose of me being here. "I was a-a j-just I-I ", I stammered as I couldn't really phrase up my sentence. I was scared of the consequence plus excited for him to see his father.

He must have tried to keep in touch with him but maybe would've failed to trace him. I didn't know the family drama because at this instance I was concerned about knowing my father's role in their story which I'll eventually find out through my mother hopefully.

"S-Speak Miss Waters ", he tried mimicking me keeping up with the smirk.

I frowned "I know you're not going to be satisfied with what I'm going to tell you right now but I'll say it anyway ", I looked away turning my back towards his face because this way it would be easier "I saw your father today, he's upstairs. He isn't physically and mentally stable. I suppose you should pay him a visit ." I didn't hear anything, silence plastered the atmosphere so I further continued "I found a friendly picture of your parents with my father too, maybe they are acquainted "

I cornered my eyes to take a gist of the atmosphere through the outcome of my words. Mr. Reynolds stood there calm, silent, and shocked. As soon as my eyes met his, he rushed towards me pinning me on the wall, taking grip over my arms violently. His actions were hurting me as well as the irrevocable wounds of mine.

"Why the fuck did you go upstairs ", he pushed me back towards the wall when I tried to escape.

"I swear I didn't intend to ", I knew I was going to be in trouble but never imagined to this extent.

"No Miss Waters, I don't believe in your ugly swears . ", his eyes were cold and turned a shade dark by now.

"I need answers, why is my father with your parents. Why don't you visit him ever and why do you fail to attend all of the hospital's calls regarding your father? ", I looked straight in his eyes covering up my fearfulness.

"Because he fucking deserves this place, because he fucking deserves to stay insane ", he pinched my arms with his hands causing me irresistible pain.