Chapter 8.

Date Published: March 20, 2017
Date Re-Published: October 9, 2021

CLARK

She takes a picture of us and I didn't even look at the camera because I want to look in her direction more because she's too beautiful today.

Not only today though, since the day that I saw her, she's really beautiful and I love staring at her so badly.

It's been a long time since the last time that we've been together and my feeling for her keeps on getting stronger to the point that, I can't control myself anymore.

I want her to be mine so badly but, I don't have the strength to tell her about what I've felt because I don't want her to go away.

"Clark? Bakit sa'kin ka nakatingin? Tumingin ka sa camera para may maayos naman tayong picture." She said.

I look at the camera and put my arm around her shoulder. She already takes a picture of us with a smile and she looks at the phone.

"Ang ganda ng ngiti mo dito, Clarky. Sana ganito ka lagi ngumiti." She commented.

"I can smile like this for you, Jen. Don't worry, I'll smile like this just only for you." I said sincerely at her.

"But, I want you to start calling me as Clark, not Clarky. We're not kids anymore, remember?" She nodded and I smiled.

I kiss her forehead and she blushes. I'll do everything just for her to know about my feelings without telling her because I'm afraid.

"Let's go to see the dragonflies? They're also taking care of them over there." I said then, we walked towards the dragonflies.

"Clark, naalala mo 'yung time na nangunguha tayo ng mga dragonflies no'ng mga bata pa tayo?" She asked.

"Yeah. I remember that because we're so happy while catching them before." I answered.

"And besides, I didn't forget everything when we're together because all of those memories are very precious for me." I said.

"Ako din. Hindi ko din nakalimutan lahat kasi mahalaga lahat ng mga pinagsamahan natin noon eh. Saka, hindi din kita nakalimutan."

"Pero syempre, ang laki na kasi ng pinagbago mo kaya hindi kita nakilala agad." I giggled.

"Did I really changed? I don't feel that though." I said because my parents keep on fighting since then.

I have no idea why they keep on fighting but, my parents and her father have some issues too and I didn't know what it is.

"Do you have any idea why my parents and your father are enemies?" I ask her.

I have no idea about that because when I'm asking them, they didn't want to answer me and keep on ignoring me.

"Wala din akong alam. Nang nalaman nga ni papa na nandito ka na ay agad siyang nagalit eh." She said with a sad voice.

"I see... He's really mad, huh? I just wish that our parents won't tear us apart." I commented.

"Sana nga lang dahil ayokong malayo sa 'yo, Clark. Gusto kong makasama ka ng mas matagal pa dito."

"I want to be with you too longer than this. Let's not just tell them that we're together now." I answered.

I won't let anyone tear us apart and whatever happens, I'll fight for us and I don't care if our parents will be in our way.

We arrived at the dragonflies section and she immediately went to the middle part of the room. The room has a lot of trees and plants.

The dragonflies are surrounding her and she looks like a beautiful flower in the middle of the field. I love staring at her.

I grab my phone and take a picture of her. I want to have a lot of pictures of her for me to stare at it more when we're not together.

"Clark! Picture tayo ngayon kasama ng mga dragonflies! Madami na sila eh!" She said and stood beside me.

She points the camera of her phone towards us and we take a picture of us again just like before inside the butterfly section.

"Saan tayo next na pupunta, Clark? Excited na ko sa ibang lugar na pupuntahan natin para sa date." She said excitedly.

"We're done here now? Let's go to our next destination and I know that you'll love it too." I said then, we went on our way now.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We here in the boat area and riding. We're only people riding it because the boat can only hold two people at once.

"Ang ganda dito! Ang linis pa ng tubig." She commented while taking a picture of our surroundings and I smiled.

"I'm happy that you're happy with our date today. I'm glad that I take some research about the place that we can pass by." I said.

"Thank you talaga, Clark. Nag-enjoy talaga ako ngayon at next time, ako naman ang bahala para sa date natin." I laugh.

I can't wait for our next date and I'll make sure that, when that time comes, we're already official with our relationship. I'll make sure of that.

"Where do you want to go next, Jen? So that, I can take you there after this." I said.

"Doon tayo sa kainan na nakita ko kanina na medyo malapit dito. Mukhang masarap doon kasi madaming kumakain." She answered.

"I think I already saw that a while ago. Is that the restaurant that has a beautiful view at the same time, it has a big fountain in the middle?" I asked.

"Oo. Ayon nga, Clark. Doon tayo mamaya kumain para naman matikman natin 'yung pagkain doon." She answered with a big smile.

"Okay, we're going to eat there after this. I'll take you wherever you want." I answered then, we took a picture of us while we're in the boat.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We're already eating our lunch at the seafood restaurant and she's eating our lunch happily. I really love watching her as she eats.

"Be careful in eating your food, Jen. You might choke and..." I grab a table napkin and wipes her lip when I notice a rice hanging on it.

She blushes again and I smile. She's really easy to feel shy or embarrass if I'm wiping her face just because it's dirty.

"Thank you. Ikaw din meron eh." She said and wiped something away from my cheeks.

When I look at it, I notice that I have the meat of the crab and I also feel embarrassed. Now I know what it feels like though.

"Thank you. I didn't notice that though." I said then, drink some juice and she smiled.

"Where do you want to go next, Jen? I'll take you there once we're finished here." I said.

She tilts her head and looks up like she's thinking about something and I wait patiently for her next request.

I'll spoil her to the point that she's going to fall for me and I'll make sure that she'll be mine before we graduate.

"May alam ka ba na lugar kung saan pwede tayong maglakad-lakad? May dala naman akong payong para hindi tayo mainitan." She said.

"I saw a park a while ago and I can take you there. We can also have some walk there while staring at the flowers blooming there." I answered.

"Talaga? Sige, doon tayo. Medyo marami kasi tayong nakain kaya gusto kong maglakad tayo para kahit paano ay hindi tayo masyadong mag-gain ng weight." She suggests.

"Of course, I know that you have your ideal weight because of your work." I agreed.

"Let's finish this now so that, we can walk to that park for a while." I said then, we continue eating our lunch.

••••• END OF CHAPTER 8. •••••