Life Just Got Harder

It's been about a week since Carter moved back in and I can't help but think that I made a mistake by letting him back into the house. The days have consisted of me and him fighting and surprisingly Gavin comforting me. Carters words have become mean to, he sometimes tells me that it was my fault for him cheating and that he wasn't getting enough with me. Then he apologizes saying he said it in the heat of the fight. We all know he meant it. Mia is still close with her father but she seems to drift every time her father and I fight. I don't blame her though, she doesn't really get what is going on right now and I don't except her to.

Michelle still hasn't told me if she is pregnant or not. I hope she is though, I love babies. Aiden is on his toes about it though. He wants a child but is scared that he won't be good at being a father. I try to reassure him that every father or father to be goes through those feelings. He is just a worry wort.

Gavin has been spending so much time with me. When I cry he is there wiping my tears away and when I laugh he was the one to make me do so. Carter seems so pissed about it and that is most times what starts fights leading to his harsh words.

It's Friday night and Gavin is taking Mia and I out to dinner tonight to get out of the house. I am very great full of that to. I stood in my room after classes at the college and walked to the closet. The dinner wasn't for some time but I decided to get dressed. We weren't going any place fancy. Just a pizza parlor but I didn't mind. Walking over to my closet I picked out dark blue jeans and a red low cut shirt with a dark blue tang top. My hair fell to my shoulders and was parted to the side. Mia was sitting on my bed and when I finished dressing I turned around and twirled for her to look at my outfit.

"How do I look?" I asked humoring her. She smiled big and giggled.

"Very pretty mommy." I walked over to her and kissed her forehead then grabbed her and put her on the floor.

"Come on now we need to get you all dressed." She nodded and followed me to her room. When we got in I saw that Carter was sitting on her bed. He had been sleeping in there and I slept in my bed with Mia. He was not allowed in my bed. I glanced at him and walked to the closet. Mia had jumped onto her bed next to her father and laid on her stomach as he rubbed her back.

"Hey Gracie." Carter said trying to get me to speak to him.

I glanced back. "Carter." He sighed deeply and frustrated.

"When is this going to end huh? When are you going to talk to me. I'm sorry okay. I know that it won't really matter how many times I say it but I am truly sorry for what I have done. I just want my family back." I looked at him and sighed. Walking over to the bed I sat at the edge of it.

"Carter I don't know what to do okay? My friends tell me to be mad at you and hate you but I can't feel that way. I try ignoring you most of the time so I don't need to deal with everything and all the stress." I looked down and waited for him to speak.

"Mia go find one of your uncles okay?" Mia nodded and left the room. "Look Gracie, I'm asking you this. Will you please forgive me. This one time and I swear that nothing like this will ever happen again." I thought for a minuet.

This might be the worst choice of my life or the best. "This time Carter, yes. I will forgive you. But I swear to god if you ever pull something like this again you will never see me again. Understand?" He nodded a smile growing on his face. He grabbed onto me and kissed me deeply. I laughed as he threw me next to him lying down on the bed and held me in his arms.

"This might be the second best day of my life. First being Mia's birth." I laughed and shook my head.

"Just to let you know I will so be up your ass about everything from now on and for a little while." He nodded.