Crash

"Gracie wake up." Hmm need sleep. "GRACIE!" I shot up out of bed.

"What do you want Michelle I was having a really good dream, I love dreams." I sighed.

"Why?" She questioned.

"Because in my dreams Channing Tatum is the father of my many, many babies." I replied leaning back.

"You have one weird mind there, now get up because my mom left for the weekend so that means I'm staying over your place!" she exclaimed and started to jump up and down on my bed. No. getting. Bed sick. I grabbed her ankle and pulled her down.

"No, more." I looked to the clock. "It's eleven in the morning and you waked me up to tell me that? How old are you again seventeen and you can't stay home alone? That makes no sense at freaking all."

"Maybe not to you but to me yes. And I was with your brother but Gavin came over and he wants to see you. Now being the good friend that I am I came to warn you before he could see your bed hair. How nice of me." Well she has a point there.

"What does Gavin want?" I asked trying to block the sun from my eyes using my hands as a shield.

"Something about you going to the races tonight." She replied pulling me out of the bed and handing me a brush. "You don't need to change yet, don't keep the boy waiting to long." She passed me a mint. "For morning breath, if you have any. I don't want to find out." I glared but thanked. When I finished my hair I followed Michelle downstairs.

When I got down there Carter was sitting on the couch, go figure, with Aiden. Gavin was standing by a table looking at out family pictures. Awwww he looked so cute today. Had on a normal white tee and jeans but his hair looked really good. I walked over to him and accepted the hug he offered.

I then pulled away. "So what's up?" I asked motioning for him to follow me to the kitchen so I could get a drink for my dry throat. I reached into the counter and got out a glass.

"Want one?" I asked.

"No thanks. And I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me tonight to the races. It could be fun." Tempting but no.

"Sorry Gavin not really a racing chick and Michelle is here for the night so I think that I need to pass. You're welcome to stay here though."

"No sorry I made plans at the races. Maybe next time?"

"Yeah next time." I told him and then poured my drink as he left. Gavin's a really sweet guy. I have no clue how he's related to Carter. As I was looking thorough the cabinet I noticed I was not alone. Looking up I saw my mother in her uniform.

"Hey mom what you doing home?" I asked sitting on a stool.

"Running a little late is all. Do you want me to make you something?" she asked putting on an earring.

"No thanks ma I'm fine, go to work. If I have to I'll make breakfast for everyone." She smiled and gave me a quick hug before leaving.

"So how's it going?" I looked to my right to see Carter leaning against the doorframe. Whoa he looked really good today. And his semi tight shirt showed off muscle.

"Good and yourself?" I asked being nice, the guy did save me from a rapist.

"Good, good. So my brothers going to the races?"

"Yeah."

"Man I hate it when he goes to those stupid things." He sighed sitting next to me.

"How come?"

"Well you know how street racing could end. Him getting into a crash and getting hurt or him getting into a crash and getting someone else hurt. Both ending in him going to jail in one way. What he's doing is illegal and he has some addiction to it. It gives him a rush." Wow I didn't know that Carter felt that way.