Mia can’t contain her smile, nor should she have to. Her husband who had been in a deep sleep for nearly three years was awake and well. “He’s fine, he’s good, he’s awake and the doctor’s examining him now. I didn’t get the chance to say much but I gave him a kiss and told him I loved him.” Tears begin falling down her face at the sound of her own words and she smiled at the tears forming in her friends eyes as well. “I can breathe again. All this time it’s felt like I had this giant weight sitting on my chest and my heart was twisting but now…he’s awake and I can breathe.”

“I’m so happy for you, Mia.” Taylor says while rubbing Mia’s arm comfortingly as tears stream down her own face. “I can’t wait to see him.” She admits with a smile before wiping a few tears from her eyes.

The doctor steps out of the hospital room and focuses on the small group of tearfully happy friends surrounding his patient’s wife. “Mrs. Wade?”

Mia steps out of the circle and walks up to the doctor. “Can we go see him now? When do you think he’ll be released?” She had so many questions flying around her head and her mind was drifting into places she didn’t really need to be concerned over at the moment. For instance, she found herself wondering what she was going to make Logan for dinner and how long it would take to clean the house before he accused her of becoming a slob just like him.

“You can see him but one at a time, okay? He needs to process everything slowly. I still need to run some tests but if all goes well, he could be released early tomorrow morning.”

Mia’s not sure what came over her, she wasn’t much of a touchy-feely person but she immediately stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the doctor. “Thank you so much.” She whispers into his chest before pulling away with smile and letting him walk off down the hall. She turns back to face her friends. “I guess I’ll go in and then the rest of you can see him as you’d like?” Her suggestion was more of a question and she wasn’t sure why but she felt so nervous about seeing him. It was like their first date all over again or that night she was dancing out in the rain with him while a boom box played their favorite song. Her stomach was full of butterflies and the feeling continued all the way until she opened the door to his room. The minute she saw his face, his smile and the way his eyes lit up the moment his eyes met her, all doubt and fear was gone.

“Hey.”

She tries desperately to hold back her tears. The last thing she wanted was for him to see her as a wet, slobbering mess after three years of sleep. “Hey. How are you feeling?” She had to keep reminding herself that to him, he had just seen her the other day. His mind has been safely tucked away for the last three years while the rest of us were out in the world, changing and growing and living life.

“You look different.” He derails her question but it wasn’t that big of a surprise to Mia, he was always a fan of surprising people.

She sits down beside him and takes his hand in hers, a smile taking over every inch of her face. “I cut my hair.” She twirls the shoulder length hair around her finger that she had cut nearly a year ago now. It had grown out quite a bit but it was still shorter than the length she had the last time he saw her. “Do you like it?”

He smiles and reaches out to stoke the top of her head, his hand slowly trailing down to her cheeks as he wipes away a few years. “I love it.”

She reaches up and places her hand atop of his, her smile slowly fading. “Logan…”

Mia trails off and Logan’s eyes fall lower, catching the small diamond ring on her left hand. “You’re married?” You can practically see the pain in his eyes and his heart fills with nothing but despair.