fourteen

Aster

Josh had to leave soon after our moment on the balcony because of an urgent call from Tyler about "band stuff." I guess Tyler and Jenna pushed off heading to her parents house for a few more hours. I eventually decided to do something productive and pulled out some boxes from the depths of my closet. They were shoved in there from way back when Daniel and I first moved in here together. Now that I thought about it, I was more than excited to leave this place and it's old memories behind to create new ones with Josh in a whole new environment.
I labeled one of the boxes clothes and packed away what I knew I wouldn't be wearing until summer rolled around and then I put any clothes I didn't need anymore into a big to be donated. Then I packed up things like blankets that weren't currently on my bed and shoved into the back of the closet and dishes and other things that have accumulated in my apartment over the few years I've lived here.
I finally took a break when I realized I had been packing all day and hadn't eaten anything. I slipped my phone out of my pocket to find Josh had texted me more than a few times over the hours I had been working.
Tyler and I just finished up some sick tracks, are you up to anything??
Are you asleep again?
Maybe taking a nap?
Call me when you wake up
I miss you ❤️
Hey are you alright?? It's been a few hours...
Okay now I'm a little worried
Okay very worried
I'm coming over to check on you
I instantly felt bad for making Josh worried, when in reality I was just sucked into work. I quickly dialed his number and he picked up after two rings.
"Hey, are you okay?" He answered quickly.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm so sorry for making you worried, I just got really sucked into packing up my things and I didn't even realize so much time had passed by." I answered.
He let out a sigh of relief, "Oh that's good, I'm still coming over." He laughed.
I felt myself smile, "I'm not objecting to that." I could feel him smile through the phone. "Oh could you maybe like pick up something to eat, I kinda forgot to eat today." I said sheepishly.
"What?" He said surprised. "Babe, you can't forget to eat like that it's not healthy, you gotta take care of yourself; but of course I'll go get something, I'm kinda hungry too." He laughed after lightly scolding me.
"Did you just call me babe?" I grinned as my face started to heat up.
"Um, maybe?" He chuckled nervously.
"Okay, I'll see you soon," I paused as a smirk grew on my face, "Babe." I quickly hung up and let out a nervous sigh.
I don't know why Josh made me feel so nervous. We know we're soulmates, we've said I love you, we've slept in the same bed. I just get so flustered and happy around him and the world around us seems to disappear. I peeled my head up from the couch as I heard my front door being pushed open, seeing Josh with bags from Taco Bell.
"Woah," Josh said as he glanced at the boxes and bags surrounding my house. "You really did get into it."
"I know," I sighed, looking around at my now mostly box filled apartment, "Doesn't feel very homey anymore does it?" I stood up and went over to him to give him a tight hug, "Sorry I worried you."
"It's okay," he chuckled as he wrapped his arms around me, "I'm just glad you're okay."
I nodded, "You know what?"
"Hm?"
"You're right, it's sucks being away from you."
He gave his signature crinkly eyed smile down at me, "I'm glad you feel the same, but you gotta eat."
We sat on the couch, both disgustingly eating our tacos and laughing when we got hot sauce on our faces. I threw a crumpled up wrapper at him when I stood up to go get us something to drink from the kitchen. When I got back, Josh was standing and staring intently out the window.
"What, was there a cat or something?" I asked placing the glasses of water on the coffee table and going over to him. I wrapped my arms around his back, linking my hands together at his stomach and let my cheek rest in-between his shoulder blades, just enjoying the warmth that came from his body.
"No it's not a cat," I felt the vibrations of his voice against my face. "Tyler told me today that oranges are called orange because they're orange."
I giggled, "Yeah, kind of unoriginal, isn't it?"
He unwrapped my arms from around him and pulled me in front of him so that I could peer out the window. The sun was setting over Columbus and although it was mostly grey, the sunset tried to blend from orange and greys and pinks and blues and back to greys.
"Wait," I squinted to see if I was seeing correctly, "That's orange!"
He hummed in response, still holding me close to his body, "I thought so."
I looked up at him with a playful smile, "You know, I could have been totally lying to you about colors. You could be calling red yellow right now."
His eyes widened, "You wouldn't." I tried to keep a straight face and shrugged. "Aster I swear if what I've been calling yellow for weeks now is actually red I'm going to scream."
"Better start screaming."
He threw me easily over his shoulder, causing me to let out a loud squeal before he started running around the apartment. "Josh! Put me down!"
"Not until I know the truth!" He laughed.
"I'll never tell you!"
He threw me down on my bed and straddled my sides before tickling me, causing me to scream out against my giggles and kick my feet around. "Let me go!"
"Tell me what colors I'm seeing first!" He smirked.
"Josh! I haven't lied I swear!" I screeched.
He paused for a second keeping his hands on my sides and leaning down incredibly close to my face. He stared deep into my eyes as I felt my face heat up thinking about how close his lips were to mine. He pulled back and let out a loud laugh, "I know you're not lying, I just like to mess with you too."
I was trying my best to catch my breath from all the laughing and also being incredibly flustered with Josh pretty much inches from my face. Josh stopped laughing and looked down at my with a big smile and I couldn't help but blush and look away.
"Why are you so flustered?" He smirked and turned me to face him.
"Nothing," I stuck my bottom lip out. "You were just really close to my face." I mumbled, hoping he wouldn't hear.
"Oh," fuck, he heard. "Like this?" He asked before getting really close again.
I felt my eyes widen and I swear that my heart stopped for a moment. "Stop acting like a fuck boy." I teased, pressing my hands against his chest in attempt to keep him away.
"I'm not being a fuck boy," he frowned.
"That itself sounded fuck boyish."
He pouted at me words and sat up, crossing his arms over his chest. I giggled at his childishness and wrapped my arms around his neck to bring him back down and give him a peck on the cheek to cheer him up but he kept pouting.
"Oh come on Josh," I laughed, "I didn't mean it."
"You totally did."
"What can I do to make it better?"
He pretended to be in thought. "Another kiss?" He grinned tapping his cheek.
I rolled my eyes and pulled him back down, about to plant my lips on the opposite cheek I kissed but he quickly turned his face to me making me peck his lips. I quickly threw my arms in the air and felt my face heat up as Josh laughed and ran away.
"Josh!" I screamed through the apartment. It wasn't that I was mad at him, but now I was embarrassed. Our first kiss was a totally lame peck that was meant for his cheek. He peeked his head back into my room with a smug grin. "That was completely lame!" I complained.
He frowned, "I thought I was pretty smooth."
"It was smooth but it was lame for a fist kiss." Now I was the one pouting, crossing my arms as I sat on the edge of my bed.
Josh came to stand in front of me and let out a hum in thought. "Well," he had another smirk on his face, "technically it was just a peck, not really a kiss." I raised an eyebrow at him as he lifted my pouting face to look him in the eyes.
He leaned in before I could even comprehend what was happening and his lips were on my pouted ones that quickly turned into a giggle against his lips.
"Stop laughing," he chuckled with his smile still pressed against mine.
I tried to suppress my giggles as I laced my hands around his neck and pulled him back into the bed with me. He caught himself before our faces smashed together from the force of him falling so suddenly so now they were only closely smushed. He lifted himself up so that our faces were just a few centimeters apart. We burst into laughter at the sudden action.
"Just shut up and kiss me."