two

Josh

I walked into the tattoo shop clutching the reference photo in my hand nervously.
"Welcome, are you here for a color specialist or grey specialist?" A tattooed woman asked in a monotonous voice.
"C-color." I stuttered nervously.
She nodded with bored eyes and went towards the back of the shop and returned a few moments later with a tattoo specialist.
"I'm Jessica, if you could follow me to my office we can talk about your tattoo?" She greeted nicely.
I nodded and followed the nicer woman towards her small office. I looked around at the art that covered her walls, I was certain they looked better with color.
"Have a seat." I did as I was told. "Loosen up a bit, there's nothing to be nervous about."
"Yeah, sorry." I apologized.
"You're fine, now explain to me what you were planning." She smiled warmly.
I stared at the grey tones on the piece of paper I held and hesitantly slid it towards her.
"Oh this is beautiful, wonderful shades of color here don't you think?" She asked.
"I uh, I wouldn't know." I answered honestly.
"Can you not see color?" I shook my head. "Then why are you here kid." She laughed.
"I wanted to get a sleeve in color for when I can see it. I want to discover things about myself that I would never know when I find my person." I explained. "Sorry if that doesn't make sense."
"No, I think that's beautiful. Is there anything else you'd like to add to the tattoo and explain to me where you want things so I can sketch out a draft."
"Well I wanted this big windy tree growing up my arm and the star nebula on my shoulder and the background I gave you to be the sky." I explained to the best of my ability.
She nodded and sketched silently for a while from different angles of an arm before sliding it over to me. "Is this what you had in mind?"
I smiled, "It's perfect."
"Great, come by next Saturday and we can get started."
"Thank you so much."
"No problem kid, hope you find your color."