four

Josh

After picking up the pizza I made my way over to Aster's house. She actually lived just down a block or two so it wasn't that long of a walk.
I heard shuffling after I rang the door bell. She quickly swung the door open, losing her balance a little. She had her hair pulled up into a bun and a large sweater that covered up to her mid thigh, I could barely see her shorts peek out from underneath.
"Welcome to my home." She bowed dramatically.
I chuckled, "It is quite a pleasure to be invited into your humble abode." I played along. She stuck her tongue out at me as I set the pizza on a table near the door as I kicked off my shoes.
"I think I made the sickest pillow fort you will ever witness in your lifetime."
"I don't know, I've seen some pretty sick pillow forts." I teased.
"Oh shut up and come look."
I followed her out of the entranceway towards her living room where a very elaborate pillow fort was set up. She even hung little lights around it.
"Eh, it's a mediocre fort." I shrugged, pretending to not be impressed.
"You're the worst." She laughed.
"Oh," I almost forgot the flowers I bought her, "I uh, got you a gift."
"Josh!" She whined.
"It's no big deal, it's just some flowers." I smiled and handed the pot to her. "The flower man said that they were yellow so I bought them in hopes that you'd get to see your favorite color again."
She looked longingly at the grey petals for a moment with a small smile. "Thank you Josh, that means a lot; and they're my favorite flower, tulips."
"Lucky guess." I chuckled.
She nodded and looked around her home for a minute before deciding to set the pot on a table near the window. "I'd put them outside, but they'd probably freeze to death." She explained. "Anyways, let's get these movies started!" She cheered.
~
After about five movies and many slices of pizza and junk food, Aster started to doze off unconsciously onto my shoulder. I glanced at the clock sleepily, it was almost 1:30 in the morning. I decided she wouldn't mind if I just crashed here, so I pulled her blanket up to swallow her in warmth and made myself as comfortable as possible before I slowly dozed off too.