ten

Aster

Josh and I met up after his tattoo appointment and after got some errands done. I now sat across from him in the small cafe with our hands interlocked across the table. I was staring deeply into his brown eyes, the way the light was hitting them brightened a whole array of browns gleaming in his eyes. I would say that brown would definitely be a close second to yellow on my list now.
"I love your eyes," I blurted after a prolonged amount of eye contact.
He shrugged, "Its just because they have color."
I frowned as I felt his grip on my hand loosen. "Why would you think that?" He just shrugged in response and looked down at his fries. "Well you're wrong. I love your eyes and how they scrunch up when you smile and how when you talk about something you're passionate about they start to gleam and how warm and full of love they are. I could go on forever, it isn't just that they have color, I would love them if they were grey."
"You mean that?" He asked with a small smile playing on his lips.
I nodded vigorously, "Didn't I tell you last night that I would fall in love with you without color. If it takes me being blind to prove it I will gladly oblige."
He shook his head, "I like your eyes too much for you to go blind." I blushed and drank some of my coffee to avoid eye contact. "What color are your eyes?" He asked.
"Green," I answered simply.
"You remember when you asked what color I was most excited to see?" I nodded. "It's green," he smirked. "I can't wait till I can see your eyes light up even more."
I lightly kicked him under the table, "You're gonna make my face burn off." I stared out the window at the small street, watching people go about their day. I stiffened up as I watched the leaves of the trees slowly fade into a deep green.
"Are you okay?" Josh asked, noticing my tightening grip on his hand.
I shut my eyes and nodded. I turned to face him and placed both my hands on either side of his face before opening my eyes and staring deeply into his. I watched as they filled with joy and scrunched up at the edges.
"I want you to meet my friends," he randomly stated as he stared deeply into my eyes.
"Your friends?"
"Yeah, I want you to meet Tyler and Jenna. They're my closest friends and I want them to know the person I'm falling in love with." He explained.
I nodded, "I'd love to meet anyone that's that important to you. Do you have any idea when?"
"Let's have dinner with them tonight," he smiled eagerly.
My eyes widened in worry, "Tonight? Josh are you insane? They're important to you this has to have some sort of preparation! What if they hate me? Oh god what if they've heard the rumors about me? What if I don't live up to their standards? I have to make a good imp-"
"Tyler and Jenna are the sweetest and most understanding people I know. They will love you no matter what." He reassured.
I took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay um, we can have them over to my place and I'll cook something for us?" I suggested. "Wait, I've never cooked for you before. Okay yeah, were definitely doing that."
He smiled at my preplanning, squeezing my hand softly to help me calm down. "We can head to the store and get whatever you want and I'll give them a call, does that sound okay?" He asked.
I nodded, "Yeah okay, maybe have them come over around 6:30 or 7?"
He nodded and we stood up since he had already paid the bill and began to walk down the street to the grocery store. He told me a lot about Tyler and Jenna as we walked around the store, picking out produce to prepare for tonight. I already knew that he and Tyler were in a band called twenty one pilots and they were very passionate about their music and fans, but Tyler was also Josh's best friend and they helped each other out in tough times. I also found out that just like Josh, Tyler hates bananas, which made me giggle. Then he told me about Jenna, who was Tyler's wife. She was always kind and inviting and she loved to meet their fans. She also toured with them a lot because her and Tyler hated being so far from each other, which I understood. She seemed sweet and I really hoped to befriend her and Tyler.
Josh headed off a little after helping me out away the groceries we got before leaving to go meet up with Tyler and Jenna before they came over. That's when I got to work, chopping up ingredients and setting timers all while jamming out to twenty one pilots; I mean, it was about time I listened to them.

Sorry this was kinda a filler :,)