20

The loud chinking of the doorknob harshly cut through the air, cropping me out of the picturesque image of temporary peace

The loud chinking of the doorknob harshly cut through the air, cropping me out of the picturesque image of temporary peace. Banging resounded against the hollow door frame; Donovan flinched, I didn't.

I wiped off the wetness under my eyes with my hands. How had things manage to spiral this far out of my control? I wondered. Don began to pull away, his body warmth leaving with him. 

I felt almost numb. His vulnerable grey eyes scanned my own: a storm of violent violet.  

"Open up! I'm not against picking the lock if I have to!" A strangely familiar female voice shouted from the other side. It was too familiar. 

My eyes widened. Is that... Quincy? My gaze went straight to Donovan who suddenly looked grim. He isn't surprised, I noted. What exactly is going on?

"Okay, listen up." She drawled. "I don't have time for this, so I'm giving the both of you three seconds to unlock the door. Three seconds, which means if you happen to not be wearing any clothes at the moment because of certain reasons-" She coughed awkwardly. I tried to ignore the burning in my cheeks as she continued speaking. "-you have that amount of time to get them on and get the Hell out."

"Oh god," Don groaned. His cheeks were painted light pink from the blood rushing to his head. His eyes flicked to mine and I instantly looked away. 

Well this suddenly got weird. 

"Three..." Quincy started. As if she wasn't loud enough before, her voice raised. "Two..."

"Shut the hell up," Don ground out, gliding past me so he was closest to the door. In one swift movement, he unlocked it. I didn't even get the chance to protest.

When I saw her, I noticed she was all cleaned up. The sticky substance still in my hair was a reminder that I had yet to clean myself up as well.

It didn't take long for me to notice that she looked different. Her makeup and false eyelashes were gone.Of course, I thought. The salad dressing covered her face so obviously the makeup would get washed off. 

She still looked nearly the same. Her skin was practically clear. She could probably get away with just wearing eye and brow makeup and people would still assume she had a full face on. 

Her physical appearance wasn't the only thing that was different. Her flirty attitude towards Don; really, her entire attitude in general didn't seem the same. It was like she changed into a whole other person.

Quincy glanced at me before looking back at Don. "You told her, didn't you?" Her voice came out sharp and accusatory. Don grimaced in response.

She's in on this too?

Before I could dwell on the thought, she punched Don right in the nose in a swift motion. A sickening crack resounded in time with his pained groan. I admit, I kind of winced with him. That had to hurt.

He raised a hand to his nose, where thick crimson began to spill out like a river. While one hand covered his nose, the other pinched the bridge as he tilted his head back. "You idiot!" Quincy slapped his cheek from the other side.  

"Ow," he muttered quietly, stretching the word out. 

"Don't you think the slap was a little unnecessary after..." I stopped speaking when she looked at me with a weird look her eyes.

She suddenly sighed. "I guess now that he blew it, we have no choice but to get you involved as well." Her expression was grim. Who else has a part in this?

"We all hoped this wouldn't happen, but everyone knew Don would expose the truth someday." Don looked like he was about to protest but the sharp glare she briefly sent his way made him stop in his tracks. Her voice softened as she continued. "He'd cared too much from the start."

"What-" I started, but was almost instantly cut off, much to my annoyance.

"Oh well, I suppose it couldn't be helped." She glanced at my hair. "We should probably get you cleaned up. Sorry about that, by the way." Quincy pulled out her phone to check the time. "The other's are going to be here soon, I'll have to explain the rest at my place."

At her place? My unspoken question was answered when she took a hold of my hand and started dragging me with her. Don followed behind us like a lost puppy. Her place it is.

Even as we exited the school, ditching afternoon classes, the foggy confusion had a fixed position inside my head.  

Oh look, an update

Oh look, an update... after like 2 months.

I'm really on a roll today. I updated new chapters for three stories, started a poll in another, and put together plots for future stories.