11

The girls didn't ask questions and I was thankful for that

The girls didn't ask questions and I was thankful for that. I'll tell them when I'm ready. 

We walked down the halls toward my locker. On the way I heard vaguely distant voices, both of them male. 

As stupid as it was, I started walking in that direction. The others continued to follow me, though they seemed confused. I would be too, if I were them. 

The voices continue to get louder to the point where the words are clear. There, I see Parker holding up another boy against the lockers by his shirt collar. I notice a bruise beginning to form on the boy's neck. 

Lunch detention, huh? I gritted my teeth. Either Adam lied, or Parker ditched to beat a kid up. It didn't take much to know it was the former for sure.

"Let the boy go, Coleman." I stated, dangerously calm. He turned around, the boy still wiggling around in his grasp. When he saw me, something like recognition went through his eyes. That, and a bit of something else that I wasn't quite sure of. 

Then, his expression morphed into something else entirely. "Why should I listen to you?" Parker asked, suddenly amused. I took a few menacing steps in his direction, though it didn't seem to affect him much. His eyes stayed locked onto mine, matching the intensity.

"Do you really want to know?" I drawled playfully. 

Someone cleared their throat behind me, catching my attention. I turned around to see my friends giving me warning looks. Do they really think I don't know who this is?

"I can handle myself." I said to them waving my hand in dismissal. "You guys should go get your stuff for class." I turned back to Parker and took another step towards him.

"Yes." He said suddenly. 

I was caught off guard for a second. "What?"

"I want to know. Show me what you've got." He smirked up at me, answering my earlier question.

Slowly, a cruel smile pulls at my lips, as I hear his answer. I really am in need of blowing off some steam after what just happened. 

I stepped forward and stuck my hand out to him in a handshake. When he raised an eyebrow I rolled my eyes. "Don't be a bad sport." 

Parker looked wary, but he placed the boy down. I watched the kid stumble and hold his neck with a wince. A burst of anger shot through me as Coleman grabbed my hand. 

His mistake.

I flipped him over as soon as I had a firm grip on him. He somehow manged to land on his feet instead of the ground. "That," he breathed, "was a dirty trick."

I shrugged. "I'm in a bad mood right now. Thanks for this by the way. I need to blow off quite a bit of steam. Y'think you can handle it?"

"I know I can. Besides, what's the worst you can do?" Those were undoubtly the wrong words to say.