17

"You want to come?" he asked

"You want to come?" he asked. His blonde hair flashed golden in the sunlight. He looked like he was ready to cause mischief as usual, but his eyes were empty. The glint the silver orbs had was gone and something about his stance made me wary. His body language seemed a little stiff. 

"No!" I said incredulously. "You only have your learners. You need someone with a license. You can't go! Don't go." My voice sounded panicky and I cursed myself for sounding like a loser.

Don just shrugged. "It's not like anything's going to happen." His gaze flicked over to her. "What about you?"

I gave her a sharp look but she ignored it. Her eyes glittered and if it wasn't for the overly excited look on her face, I'd have thought she was ready to cry. 

She nodded eagerly and grabbed his arm practically, dragging him out of the house. The air felt heavy when they were gone. I stayed behind, defeated, watching with crossed arms. 

Don't go.

-

Adam? 

His eyes were cold and his fists were clenched at his sides. "Where is she?" He asked, gritting out his words.

I swallowed, my stomach churning uncomfortably. "She-" my voice came out shaky. I cleared my throat. "Don took her on a drive." I glared at the floor in front of me. 

I told them not to go.

"F*ck." Adam muttered, pushing me out of the way. He left the room in a hurry. I ran after him, confused. Curse words tumbled out of his mouth in a flurried panic.

He ran straight into dad's office. I paused at the door, hesitant, and decided to stay outside and see if I could figure anything out. Adam fumbled with the buttons on the landline. 

Why was he using the landline in dad's office? He had a phone.

The phone rang for a minute straight before someone finally picked up. "Uncle Will?" Adam asked hurriedly. "She did it. She didn't listen."

A hushed, muffled voice answered back. Adam's eyes flicked across the room and he stopped at the door. His eyes hardened and he removed the phone from his ear. 

"Go away, Annika."

What was going on?

-

I heard my ringtone going off and tiredly picked up my cellphone. My sister's name popped up on the screen. I hesitated for a moment before answering the call.

"Hello?" an unfamiliar, sympathetic, female voice asked.

"Who is this?" I asked, suddenly feeling light tremors travel up my spine. Why wasn't Rachel on the phone?

"Is this Annika Winters?" the voice asks robotically, as if this has been said many times before. My heart practically skipped a beat and I felt anxious.

"Yes. Why?" I ask cautiously.

"I'm sorry to inform you that Rachel Winters has been in a car accident and is now in the ICU."

I told them not to go.

I sprang up from bed immediately. Why didn't they call my parents.

"What?" I asked, hoping I was just dreaming. My voice cracked.

There wasn't any answer. When I looked at my phone I realized I must've somehow accidentally cut the call.

Tears streamed down my face, blurring my sight as I ran down stairs. I called our personal driver to drive me to the hospital. Why didn't they just get the driver to take them?

I quickly dialled Adam's number. He was currently at his friend's house. Each ring made my breathing more difficult. I anxiously tapped my fingers against my leg.

"Hello?" His familiar voice rang in my eyes. I took in a deep breath and got ready to tell him the news.

"Adam, Rachel's in the hospital."

-

Laughs. Muffled distant laughs. A girl with the same face as me giggled. Her eyes were Hazel instead of purple. She wasn't me.

A boy with golden hair had a small smile on his face. "Rachel," His small smile turned into a full blown grin. Everything about him looked blurry except for his eyes. Silver. "I think-"

He turned his head. DON'T.

He didn't see the truck around the corner. He couldn't. He wasn't even paying attention to the road. I wanted to scream. Look at the road.

It was too late. The laughs changed to screams, there was the sound of shattering glass, crimson splurted over the broken windows and the seats. Everything went quiet.

White. There was only a blinding white.

~

I woke up, breathing heavy.

-

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

We looked at her, eyes disbelieving. Adam forced himself to look away from her. I couldn't bring myself to do the same. 

She was so pale. Blood was spattered all over her face and the side of her head was caved in. Her hair lost the brilliant shine it used to have and ringlets were spread around in a halo above her head. She wasn't breathing. 

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I finally peeled my eyes away. It was the doctor. He had a solemn expression on his face. "I'm terribly sorry to give the news to you."

I opened my mouth to speak but didn't get the chance to as someone had burst into the room. Don? My nostrils flared in anger as soon as I saw him. He was practically left unscathed from the accident. Fine bruises were scattered over his body and he had minor cuts but besides that, he was left untouched. 

I told him not to go.

The beeping suddenly stopped. The monitor had flatlined. The doctor spoke up. "Your sister is dead."

-

Rachel Celestia Winters died on April Seventh two years ago, at 9:13 pm.

So I haven't updated in a while. Sorry this chapter is everywhere. It was kind of the point. These are all flashback's of Anna's life. One is a dream.

Also, did anyone catch the Allusion?

Vote.

Comment.

Commote?