15

It was currently lunch

It was currently lunch. I scanned the room for JEM or my brother and his friends. I found my brother first. He was sitting at the popular table. Ugh. Beside him sat Parker and Chase. 

Quincy was there too, sitting on Parker's lap. She had her claw-like nails drawing invisible patterns on his arm and was whispering something in his ear. 

She looked up, catching my gaze. The girl had the nerve to wink triumphantly as if she had something I wanted. I raised a brow, made a big show of rolling my eyes, and stuck up my middle finger at her. I giggled to myself at the face she made. I'm definitely not sitting there. 

I continued to look for JEM and when I finally find them, I grinned. Emma and Julie were bantering with each other while Mint rolled her eyes every few seconds as if they had said something stupid. I wouldn't be surprised.

Feeling my stare, the three looked my direction. They beamed as soon as they caught sight of me and wave me over.

When I made it to them, Emma instantly started arguing with Julie again.

"As I was saying, Reese's Pieces are the best. Take your KitKats and go to hell if you think they're better."

"They are better! Anna, you tell her." 

I laughed. "Julie's right. KitKat is better." I say, shoving a couple of fries in my mouth.

Emma scowled in annoyance. Mint decided to join the conversation. "You all suck. Everyone knows Caramilk's the best."

"I agree with her." A voice said from behind me. Chase plopped down onto the seat beside me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Get your arm off me!" I said, shoving it off. 

Chase rolled his eyes and smiled. "Right, that's Parker's job."

Before I could even ask what he meant by that Parker took his position at the other side of me. 

"Did I hear someone say my name?" He shot Chase a warning glare.

"Nope." Chase and I said at the same time. I didn't know why I said it, but I guess I couldn't take it back, although I didn't really have a reason to.

Adam came and sat in front of me, squeezing his way between Emma and Julie. "Why didn't you come sit with us?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes. "You know exactly why. Besides, there was no point of that anyways now that you all just came here."

He screwed up his face in a mocking pout. "Aw, is the little baby Anna still scared of attention?"

I cringed. "Don't call me that, and no. I'm not scared of it okay? How many times have we had this conversation by now?"

He shrugged. Then as he glanced behind me, eyes widening. Before I even had the chance to turn around and see what was going on, I felt a cold liquid being poured down my head.

I shut my eyes tightly waiting for it to stop pouring. Robotically, I wiped my eyes and when I opened them, guess who I saw. 

Surprise, surprise. It was little miss queen bee, Quincy Mathews. 

"Oops." She said sarcastically with the sickeningly sweetest fake smile ever. Then she doubled over, laughing.

I tried not to let the anger get the best of me so I slowly breathed in. One. Two. I counted all the way to ten in my head, ignoring her high-pitched artificial sounding cackles.

When I felt calm, I smiled softly, causing her to double take. Then, I lunged.  

Bruh, these characters are wildin'

What is this? A soap opera?💀