9

I walk into the school, feeling the stares of the other students intensify, making me pull on the bottom of my jacket sleeves

I go to my locker and twist in the combination. The lock opens with a click and I'm greeted with the sight of my neat locker with all my textbooks, a few notebooks, and a shoulder bag, along with a paper copy of my schedule.

Most people here have lived here their whole lives so we all know to come a week before school to get our picture taken for our id and get our schedules. Some people -like me- bring their heavy books and stuff too, to make life easier on the first day.

I mentally snicker, thinking of what Adam's gonna have to go through, along with all the others who haven't thought ahead.

First I take off my leather jacket and put it in my locker because there is no way I'm wearing it all day. 

Then, I check my schedule, grab the stuff I need for first period, and put my stuff in my shoulder bag. Lastly, I shut my locker closed before heading to homeroom.

As soon as I walk into the classroom the stares of all the kids inside the room are directed towards me making me unconsciously clench my fist and look past them. Distracting myself by looking for a familiar face.

I breathe out a soft, barely audible, sigh of relief when I see the familiar face of Julianne, or Julie as she prefers being called.

She hasn't noticed me yet cause she's on her phone making faces, raising her brows, opening her mouth. I bet you she's on Snapchat.

I plop down in the seat next to her and photobomb her next snap. Julie turns to me with a small smile and playfully punches me. "That photo was so good before you came in it."

I roll my eyes and grin. "Oh, puh-lease, we all know you love me and this." I gesture to my face.

Julie shrugs. "I'm not denying that." She says, before noticing all the people looking at us. "What did you do?" She whisper yells. "Why are they looking at us?"

I shrug. "You can ask Adam and his friends. I swear, I didn't do anything."

Julie scrunches up her face at the thought of talking to someone she doesn't know. She's antisocial and that's one of the reasons we get along. "Yeah, no. You can kiss my ass if you think Imma talk to your brother." 

That, is another reason. This girl is so damn sassy and sarcastic, but she's also surprisingly nice when she gets used to you. That is, if you ignore her sarcasm, but we all do it, either in our heads or out loud so that's okay.

I raise my arms up. "It was just a suggestion."

Julie winks. "You never listen to our suggestions." She says, referring to the whole group. I groan out loud thinking of every absurd thing they've suggested. 

Emma and Mint are trying to get me to go on a date or get me a boyfriend. Julie agrees with them as long as she doesn't have to socialize with my 'future boyfriends' until she decides they're decent enough.