Chapter 16: A Talking Skeleton isn't even Weird Anymore

Start from the beginning

"He looks ready to fight," Franky added.

"Actually, he's found his courage after being cornered." Sanji corrected.

I could hear the faint click of Zoro's swords. "So I'll-" Luffy held up a hand to Zoro, stopping him.

"Wait." Luffy demanded, a giant grin forming on his face. "I wanna tame him."

I raised an eyebrow, "You just wanted to eat him. Now you want to keep him as a pet?"

"Stupid!" Sanji scoffed. "He may be a dog, but he's basically the boss of all dogs."

"A dog is still a dog." Luffy countered, looking at the shaking dog. "Yeah, good dog. Good boy." Then he held out his hand. "Paw!"

My eyes widened as I barely managed to jump back as the three headed dog chomped down on my captain. "They almost bit me." I complained.

"And here we just warned him." Franky sighed, glancing at me. "Nice reflexes, Katsu."

With his free hand, Luffy patted one of the dog's snout. "There, there." He said, his head still inside the dog's mouth. "You're a good boy." As he got the dog to let go of him, still praising it I raised an eyebrow. The dog appeared to be showing signs of confusion, probably from Luffy's calmness.

"He has a strange definition of good dog." I muttered, crossing my arms. "Though, he does seem pretty good with this taming."

No longer in the dog's mouth Luffy stood beside me again. Then, he punched the Cerberus into the wall. "Damn mutt!" He hollered.

"Ah, his calmness didn't last." I muttered.

While the dog was knocked down, Luffy held out his hand in a 'sit' command. "Down." He commanded, calm once more.

..........................................

Apparently my captain can tame animals. In record time too. Though, in all honesty, the Cerberus didn't stand a chance against Luffy. The poor thing was practically a puppy in Luffy's eyes.

"Those injuries are quite extensive." Robin muttered, looking at the dog Luffy was currently riding.

"Before that, I think a fox was thrown in the mix." Sanji said, "Makes it one messed up creature."

I couldn't help but feel bad for the animal. It was clear he wasn't born this way, he was a product of an experiment. Something I would relate to.

"We found a fun animal as soon as we arrived!" Luffy grinned, "I can't wait to see what this island has in store!"

"You look blue, Cerberus-san." Robin smiled, looking at the sulking animal.

"Hey, don't show the defeated any sympathy." Zoro grunted, "It'll hurt his pride."

Zoning out their conversation, I looked back at my feet frowning. There was still no feeling in them. Granted, this wasn't the first time feeling in my feet disappeared, but it's been two months since this happened. I was getting used to being able to feel everything I walked on.

Typically a person isn't able to walk when they lose feeling in their feet. However, I somehow managed to learn to use my feet even when feeling leaves.  When I was first retrieved from the marines, I didn't have feeling in my feet. Taro, and his crew, were the only people who knew.

His doctor, Tomi, had done some test. He managed to figure out there was something wrong with my nerves. His guess being the marine experiments. Tomi assumes that they were trying to make it to where I didn't feel pain. They almost had it, however there are some problems. The main one being my feet, they just randomly lose feeling for no reason. Pain wise, I still feel it, mostly.