Chapter 13

Drake's POV:

I have been pacing the waiting room for what has felt like a hour,I have been stopping every nurse coming down the hall and asking if Mackenzie is fine, I been getting weird looks from everyone in the room. Then I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder, I whirl around to see a nurse with a worried look on her face. "Mackenzie is not in very good shape. She is having trouble breathing and is on multiple pain killers. She probably won't wake up for a few hours so I would get comfortable if you're planning on staying." Of course I'm planning on staying, was she insane? I would do anything for Mackenzie even if it meant waiting in a crowded hospital rooms for hours.

A few hours later:

Finally, Mackenzie has woken up. The nurse comes in and tells me that I can come in and see how she's doing. God I am SO nervous. I hope she's ok. The nurse and I slowly, too slowly, walk down the long corridor to Mackenzie's room. Once we make it to the beige hospital room I run in and see Mackenzie lying on the elevated bed, barely conscious. God, she looked beautiful even after a long day of surgery and sleeping. I walked over to the side of her bed and looked into her pretty green eyes. They were barely open and I could barely see that bright pop of green. "Mackenzie? You there?" What came out of her mouth next was a mix between a groan and a yes. Ya, she's definitely not fine. " May I examine yours stomach? Not to be creepy but I just want to see the damage. Please" I waited for her answer, she didn't answer me she only gave a forced smile and a little laugh, and she pushed the sheets down and showed the bandages on her stomach.

She took the edge of her bandages and started to peel them off, she tried her best to unravel the . As soon I saw her have trouble moving and had a painful look on her face, I stopped her hand and slide the rest of the bandages up, only to be met with a centimeter sized hole right I the middle of her rib cage. I took a deep breath and pulled the bandages back over the wound, I sat her up and raveled the bandages back around her body.

As I finished she laid back down and turned towards me and spoke raspy, "I know right, but if you weren't there I would have died." She smiled and attempted to grab my hand her arm muscles wasn't strong enough to lift her arm up, so I placed my hand on top of hers. Her eyes closed and smiled, "Thank you, Drake. And I liked that little pleasant surprise you planted the other day."

I couldn't help but smile, she like the kiss. She liked that I helped her. She probably didn't like me though, she started to go to sleep and drift off to somewhere else. I left after kissing her forehead and whispering,"Your welcome, Shortcake." I ran down to the cafeteria to grab a coke, as I was paying for the the drink I noticed out of the corner of my eye the Walsh twins from school. Brittany had a bandage wrapped around her head, and Becky had had crouches and a cast on her right arm and left leg. I walked over to them, I heard that they were fighting about something but I wasn't fazed about how fierce there going at it, as I was coming to the edge of the table I got a creepy smile from Brittany.

"Hey Walsh's why are you two here? And Becky why do you look like you got hit by a bus!?"

"Because I was," Becky said softly, " Miss know-it-all thought driving with two drunks on new year was a smart idea.

I mouthed oh and started to walk away when Becky wobbled in front of me, "Why are you here, did you get hurt?" She had a worried look in her eyes.

I shook my head and pointed up stairs, "I'm here staying with Mackenzie. She kind of got shot so I brought her here and aim staying with her."

"That's so sweet Drake, can I see her?" She sounded so cheery, so I nodded and we started to walk to the elevator, when I heard Brittany call "Why don't you after me and not her, I mean she isn't your girlfriend."I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Well guess what your not withers so what do you care!!" I mean I know she isn't my girlfriend, but she is a friend.

I wish she was though.