Chapter 9

Schools out scream, finally Saturdays here.

My celebration was disturb when someone grabbed my wrist, I turn around expecting either Jason pouring out his heart or Drake being the tuff guy he is and asking me for a ride, but instead it was one of the head cheerleaders, Becky. She wasn't the tallest person but she wasn't the smallest, she is also one of the most flexible people I now, well I have only known her for a little bit, we don't always hang out with each other. Her mother doesn't really like me, she says I'm a bad influence, I guess every Australian I meet thinks I'm a bad person.

Behind was a girl with dirty blonde hair that went to her shoulders, she was fit and hair some funky clothes on. She looked nice but you can't judge someone as easily by how they looked, I mean look at Brittany she is beautiful but she really rude and mean to other people. Becky looked back at the girl and back at me "Mackenzie this is Victoria, Victoria this is Mackenzie. So Mack could you give her a ride home? I'm full today and I can always trust you."

I opened my mouth when I looked over to see Jason walking over to me, I put me hand up and shooed him away and put up a finger to tell him I would be over in a sec. I turn back to Becky and said "I would love too, but I can't I'm full I only have my BMW. And I bring over Drake, Chelsea, Penelope, and counting myself.Sorry Beck," she frowned and looked back up quickly, "there's the middle seat in the back she can sit in, right" I shake my head and say goodbye.

Once they walk out of sight I turn to walk to Jason but he looks busy right now trying to pry Brittany off him, from here it looks like she is trying to suck his face off, gross but he deserves it. I close my locker and grab my bag and walk to the front doors when I hear someone from behind call my name, "Wait up," they screamed it wasn't Chelsea or Penelope, not even Dylan . I swear it wasn't Daniel or Drake. I turned to see who it was but I was plowed over by Jason he had pushed me over, by accident.

He stood up and held out his hand to help me I just pushed it away and put my hand behind me palmed on the ground and jumped up like they do in Kung- Fu movies. I brushed my self off and looked at Jason who was looking frantically around, "Hello what was that for?!?!", he turned to look at me and said while cupping my face, "I had to talk to you and you didn't come after and you were leaving I thought you keep on going not just stop,and this i what I wanted to tell you."

His face inched closer and closer to mine I turned my head searched for the pepper spray in my side pocket of my back pack I found it and just as his lips came in contact to my cheek, he screamed in pain and tried to wipe his eyes, "WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!" The yelled at me, "You were too close for comfort. And what made you think that if I didn't like the kiss you gave me the first time, make this one oh so different." I explained, he calmed done and sat on the ground rubbing his eyes.

His eyes started to water, that when I gave pity on his eyes and his pain, I grabbed his arm and helped him over to the bench next to the girls bathroom. "What are you doing, are you leaving me her with blurry vision after you pepper sprayed me?" I rolled my eyes and propped the door open and grabbed a paper towel and rinsed it with cold water, I walked back to the bench and held the towel to Jason's eyes,"Ow, that hurt, but it feels nice." I put his hands to the towel and he held it, "Hey I'm sorry, how about I drive you home? You know because you can't really see clearly,"he nods and reaches into his pocket and grabs some keys and handed them to me.

I grabbed them and helped him up off the bench and grabbed his bag, I held his arm to help guild him too the parking lot. We reached his car and I helped him into the passenger seat and I closed the door behind him, I run to the driver side and through our bags into the back seat, I hop into the the drivers seat and put the keys in. I buckle up and took the car out of park and drove over to where the guys were waiting for me, I roll down the window and said "Hey I might of pepper sprayed Jason and I need to drive him home. I will text Drake when to come pick me up, in the mean time, Drake drive them to my house and tell the others I will be there soon."

He nodded and took the keys out of my hand and grabbed my hand, I don't know why but he did, and I liked it. It was sweet, I rolled the window back up and drove out of the parking lot.

**********************

The whole ride to Jason's house was quiet neither of talked, except for a lite ouch from Jason. There was no sound, we pulled into his driveway and I helped him out. I grabbed out bags and helped him inside, I put down our bags and laid him down on the couch, this wasn't my first time in his house. I came over all the time when his brother was here, before he went to military school, Mike was really nice and cute, I should add, and he might of a little touchy but I liked him.

When Stacy and Jason starting dating we always played pranks on them, those days were fun. A tear came to my eye and I chuckled, I shift around on the couch arm, "What's funny, hey,hey,hey", he had started hitting me and he opened his eyes. "Hey how's your sight?" I smiled because I might be out of there earlier than I thought, "It's getting there, I know you want to get home, so text him." He said smugly, I patted his leg and texted Drake:

'Hey come pick me up he's fine now' I hit the send button and about ten seconds he replied.

'Be there in 5,'

I look back over to Jason who is on his phone, I guess his sight was back or he couldn't see the screen. I got up and went up the stairs to use the bathroom.

Once I was finish using the bathroom I was going to walk back downstairs, but my mind changed and I started to go over to Mike's room, I pushed the door slightly and looked in. I thought that they would take everything out and put storage in it, but everything was untouched even the pushed up sheets, I went and sat on the bed and it still smelled like him. I haven't really have been in his room, so I looked around. All of the walls had pictures of family and friends but I didn't find any of us,I do remember taking a ton of pictures with him I guess he threw them away, I felt something crunch under the sheets, I stood up and looked down, there sat a letter with my name on it in cursive.

I picked it up and just stared at it, I took a deep breath and turned it over and opened it, there was a letter inside it and a key I slide the key out and put it in my pocket and took the letter out. It said,

Dear Mackenzie,

I knew one day you would come into my room and find that it's amazing, I just can see you face right now, I hope you read this sooner then later. I will miss you at military school and I hope you won't change when I come back junior year, I just wanted to say meet me at my house at New Year's, I will be waiting on my porch. You most be wondering what the key is for, well under my bed there is a wooden box. Use the key to open it, keep the box and what's in it. Can't wait to see you again I have something to tell you when we meet again.

To my dearest Mack,

Michael your babe ;P

And that's when I began to cry, to think that he wrote a letter just for me. So I got off the bed wiped my eyes and crouched down and grabbed the wooden box that he said would be there, I toke the key out of my pocket and slipped into the lock I twisted and jiggled it until it would open. I finally unlocked and I slide the lock out and put it next to me as I opened the top, and before my eyes were a pile of all our photos together and on top was a rose top.

That's when I started balling , I missed him more than I thought I did. In a matter of a seconds both Drake and Jason appeared in the doorway, "Mack you ok. Mack", Drake said frantically kneeling next to me , I nodded and he put his arm around me, I leaned my head on his shoulder and picked up one of the photos in the box and looked at it soulfully. A tear landed on it, I wiped it off and put it back in, I put the lock back on and put the key and letter in the envelope. I grabbed both the letter and the box and stood up Drake stood up in front of me and mouthed 'are you sure', I nodded and started to walk out of the room. Once I was out I ran down the stairs and grabbed my bag and ran to the car, I opened the door and threw my stuff in, and sat in the passenger sit.

I hugged my legs to my chest and put my head down and started to cry again, I tried to stop when I heard the driver door close. I still more that needed to come out but not right now, I looked out the window so Drake couldn't see how red my eyes are and all my ruined makeup. Drake grabbed my hand and held it and said, "We all miss him," I smiled and he back out of the driveway, without letting go of my hand.