Chapter 10

I woke up early this morning, and when I say early I mean early, it was around 3:30 early. It was around 5:00, and I was sitting at the island in my kitchen stirring a cup of coffee, it was no longer hot I was just stirring it. I had the box of all the pictures of me and Michael with me and I was going through all of them, I came upon this one that made me laugh and let a tear come to my eye. I remember the day clearly:

It was my 15th birthday,and Michael and I were behind a the local school stay painting our names and doing all these things that are not describable, were laughing about what Michael had wrote. He had put it clearly in the middle of the wall, it had said 'Fling it, or ship it', we were the only ones who knew what it meant. We had gotten the attention of one of the teachers who came running after us, thank god it was a pretty old teacher or we would had a even more time period to get away, all the teachers were pretty slow. We got to the street and pulled out skateboards out of our backpack s and threw them on the ground and we started kicking away, I turned around and gave the teacher a wink and blew him a kiss.

That day was fun it wasn't the same when he left.

I wiped the tear away when I heard the couch start to be moved around on, I peered around the corner and saw Drake sit up and run his hand through his hair. Even when he just wakes up it looks perfect, oh my god I'm turning into a girl. Snap out of it, slap yourself do something because right now isn't time to drool. I quickly felt the sides of my mouth to check if either of them were wet, thankfully neither of them were, I stood up and put all the pictures back in the box and locked it up. I walked over to the couch, "Hey sorry if I woke you up," he looked over to me he still had that 'I'm still asleep in my head' look and smiled.

He leaned back on the couch and elbowed me in the ribs, I held the spot where he hit and chuckled, "No Shortcake, you didn't wake me up. Hey is that coffee?" I looked down still noticing I still was holding the cold coffee, I nodded "Yeah, but it's almost ice cold by now, I can go make you a fresh cup if you want one?"

He shrugged and took the mug out from my hands, "May I?" He might be a bad boy, but he still has manners, I handed it him and nodded my head assuring him. He took a sip and gave me the O.K. sign, "So Shortcake when did you get up, usually your asleep till noon. What got into you?" I shrugged and answered him, "I have been up since three..." He cut me off by choking. Once he was done with his little fit, "Three! Who are you and what have done to my Mack?!"

I sat back and raised my eyebrow, "Your Mack? Last I knew you were a friend," he rolled his eyes and took a few more sip of coffee and then dumped the rest of it down the sink drain. He rinsed out the cup and then I heard a scream from up stairs, I jumped off the couch and waited for any following noises. Right then I heard Stacy yell,"Hey who used water! I'm in the shower!" I look over to Drake and then we both laughed uncontrollably, we both sat back down on the couch and I switch on the tv and turned to MTV.

It was both Drake's and mines favorite channel to watch in the morning because it just music with eccasionl commercial, I usually dance all morning but I wasn't in the best mood after what happened yesterday. I moved around on the couch so I was comfortable, I pulled my legs beside and rest my head on Drake's shoulder and closed my eyes and listend to Rihanna sing her heart out.

Drakes POV: ;P

I didn't mind that Mackenzie put her head on my shoulder,I actually liked it. I brushed her hair out of her face and watch her as she slept, I didn't want to move because she hadn't slept at all last night. I knew when she was asleep when her hands started to travel across my wrist and grabbed my waist to come closer, I knew this because if she was awake she would have already killed herself.

She looked so peaceful when she slept, I started to fall asleep myself, when there was a knock at the door. Mackenzie sat up and huffed, she stood up brushed herself off and walked out into the hall. I heard the door open, she started yelling at who ever was at the door, it was Jason with another attempt to confess his love, I might be a guy who has slept with half the school but I would never confess my love to someone.

I started laughing at the thought of Jason one day coming to her house and getting down on one knee, but what made me laugh is the age I thought of when he would do it. My fantasy my disturb when I heard Mackenzie yelling my name, I jumped up and ran down the hall and as soon as I round the corner I see a man stradling Mackenzie while with one arm holding her arms down. I notice the handgun on hisother handpointed at her head, my plan of action sacrifice myself for her, I walked over to the man who's eyes were classy so he of must of been crying.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, his body whipped around an off of Mackenzie, Mackenzie scooted away silently so he couldn't hear her, "Who are you, and why are you here?!" He growled at me. I took a step back and cleared my throat,"Don't take her, take me. If it was for her safety I will go, but don't touch her." I tilted my head down and played with the broken belt loop on my pants, not a second to soon he grabbed my wrist. Perfect, I took I other hand and hit him in the thoat so he couldn't breeth, he took his hand of me and put it to his throat.

As soon as he left go of me I kneed him where it hurts, before he fell to the ground he had pulled the trigger on the gun and the bullet went straight into my shoulder. As he hit the floor the gun fell out of his hand and across the floor, I held my shoulder and leaned down for the gun, I picked up and put it in my hand and pointed at him. "No sudden moments fella! Or I will do to you what you did to me!" He was still trying to catch his breath, I looked overt o Mackenzie who was in full fledge shocked right now.

I started to fumble around and I finally got over to the wall an I sat down next to her, she got out her daze and into action again. She looked over to me putting her hand on my shoulder, I didn't really notice how much blood I lost until I saw it all over the wooden floor. She jumped up and ran to the phone, first I hear her call the police and then the ambulance, the man tried to get up that's when I sucked him right across the face. He really didn't have much to do once he doesn't have his gun.

My vision was becoming blurring and my head started to fall over. Before I blanked out I heard Mackenzie screaming "No Drake, don't close your eyes, stay with me please!" She started to come into vision, I saw that there were tears rolling down her face and a bruise on her cheek, he most of hit her when she was answering the door. I tried really hard to keep my eyes open but it was hard, the door swung opened I hear all these different noises men screaming, and the men rushing over to me carrying me out the door. I couldn't leave Mackenzie.

I stopped the two me and I sat up and made my way back to the house, I wobbled and stumbled like I was hung over but everything was blurry and not as visible as I want it to be. I finally made it to the door where Mackenzie stood, she hugged me, as painful as it was I liked it I kissed her on her head. And that's when I black out....... Bam, I just hit my head an Mackenzie's was out of reach.