Chapter 7

"Bye Chelsea," I waved to her as she hoped into her moms minivan, I closed the door and walked back into the living room where Drake still sat. Everyone had either walked home or got a ride, but not Drake he never called anyone and he hasn't left to walk home I had sat on the other side of the couch and looked at him in curiosity. He did a double-take and looked at me, "You checking me out Mack, take a picture it last longer." I rolled my eyes and replied "I'm not checking you out I will never check you out. And I was just wondering why your here?".

He turns around and looks at me with a worried look in his eyes, and says "I haven't left because I want to know what's going on? I saw you at Jays after you got that call you look scared and worried. Why?" I looked down at my hands and pulled my sleeves over my hands and played with the strands of threads hanging off my pants, "It's nothing you should be worried about," a tear had escaped my eye of the thought of being kidnapped from my mom and siblings.

I feel his hand tip my head back up, and Drake wiped the tear away from my cheek "Well I think your wrong about that. Tell me don't you trust me?" I nodded and opened my mouth and thought about what I was going to say but nothing came out, instead tears came from my eyes and they all came in one big wave. Drake pulled me in and hugged me, he has never hugged anyone including me until now, I stared to sniffles and I reached over for a tissue but I couldn't find any Drakes chest thundered as he said,"Just use my shirt." I did because there were no more choices,"Hhh he's coming for me," I stuttered "Who's coming?" He asked in a calming voice. "My dad he going to take me away," I felt him tense up and then loosen again "It will be fine, calm down now," I wrapped my arms around him and sniffled and said "Thank you for this, I would haven't made it through the night."

I nuzzle he face into his neck and toke deep breaths, I treasured this because I thought of Drake as a big brother just like the other guys, but this is different from the rest because Drake always put his 'rep' first. It felt like forever until he pulled away, he brushed away the hair in my face and smiled and said "Everything will be fine I promise, OK." I nodded and he kissed my forehead, wait what. What just happened, what did he, Im going to faint. And I did so I guess because I just fell back and hit the pillow behind me I was going to hit the floor next if it wasn't for Drake grabbing my head.

" Woah, I got you I think you need some sleep." He slipped his arm under my legs and his hand behind my head, he started up the stairs when I heard the door slam shut "What's is this?" I hear Stacy wonder,I remembered that Travis had a sleepover with a friend and she had a slumber party with her girl friends but had to come back and grab some clothes. At least it was her and not mom or Travis, "She fainted a little and got some bad news and she needs sleep. I was...ahhh... Bringing her up, yep I was doing that nothing else." She huffed and grabbed the duffle bag my mom packed for her and left, I hear the door close and it gave me a slight headache.

We started back up the stairs and as we got to the top he opened my door with his knee and walked in, he walked over to my bed and set me down on the edge of the bed. He set my head on the pillow and pulled the sheets over me and tucked me in, he turned around and headed out. I grabbed his wrist and his head turned around "Yes?" He grinned, "Stay. Please I'm going to be alone until 7:30 I need company", I patted the bed behind me. He rolled his eyes and took his jacket off and threw in on my dresser, he jumped on the bed and sat up he put his arm behind my neck and said in a calming voice, " Now go to sleep ok." And not long after I fell into a deep sleep.

*******************************

'He grabs me by the waist and shoves me into a car and duct tapes my mouth shut and drives away'

I wake up in a cold sweat screaming, my hand is over my heart and it is going hang wire. I look around and I was still in my room, I flopped my head back down on my pillow and look over to my alarm it was 2:30 in the morning so it was to early to get up and eat or get dressed so my best bet is to go back to sleep. I try to turn to my side but it feels like there a cinder block on my waist, I look over and see Drake sleeping and his arm is no longer under my head but now wrapped around my waist.

I didn't try to move it because there would be no use of trying his arm ways a ton, so I try my best to turn and with some time I get to the position I wanted to be in. And with the bed forming to my body I doze back off.

*******************************

*sniff sniff*

Why do I smell bacon and strawberry syrup?

I sit up but it was easier, I looked over only to see that Drake was gone but his jacket was still on my dresser I will have to bring it to him. I throw the sheets off of me and rub my face and try to get the grudge feeling out of me. I look through a glazed vision, it was 5:30 I had time to get ready and eat, but I wanted to find out what I'm smelling. I hoped out of bed and ran down the stairs, I'm not really sneaky when it comes to food. I walk into the kitchen to find Drake at the stove flipping a pancake and cooking bacon, and my mom is talking his ear off about god know what.

I throw Drakes jacket over the back of the chair and sit down next to my mom and lean my elbows on the island, when I sit down they both look over to me and Drake smiles and adds a pancake to the tower he has made and dipped the bacon and put it on a plate with what looks like a dozen other pieces. He walks over to me and elbows me in the shoulder "ow" I say softly as I rub the spot, he walks to the cabinet and grabs two plates and goes back to the stove he picks up a fork and without looking up asks," How many Ms.Sterling?" She laughs and answers him, "3 of the cakes and 5 pieces of the pig. Please."

He pokes three pancakes and flopped them on the plate and picks up five pieces of bacon and lays them down and hands the plate to my mom, " What syrup?" She points to the blueberry and he hands it to her she thanks him and drizzle it on like she always does, he looks over to me and nods, I nervously say " Oh I would like two of each........Please." He puts the food on the plate and I ask for the strawberry syrup I drown my pancakes with the syrup and stuff my face.

Once I was down it was 6:00, Drake's mom dropped off some clothes for him since we didn't have time to drop him off at home so she dropped of clothes and he is in the shower right now. I was putting the dishes away when I hear a knock at the door, I close the dish washer and go to see who it was. I move the shade very shaky, I peer out the window but it was only Chelsea, she was in jeans and converse but still had a pajama top on. She didn't stop knocking as if she was in a hurry, I rush to the door and opened it for her to come in, " Can I borrow a shirt please, all of mine are in the wash," I nod and laughed and ran to my room I walk in only to see a topless Drake drying his hair. He turns around and notices me drooling, "Take a picture it last longer," he chuckles and throws the towel on the ground, " Hand me a short from my closet?" I ask, he turns and grabs a pink flannel shirt and throws it at me.

I rush out of the room and take a deep breath and ur down the stairs to where Stacy is waiting, I hand her the shirt and she rushes out the down saying thank you and closing the door behind her I slouch against the door and slide down so I would be sitting and put my head in my hands.