Chapter 5

Wow the week had flew by. After the Drake incident the night was going in all different directions, first Nicole got really sick and had to go home, then Daniel got in a fight with Chelsea and one of them has a big gash on there face, it's not Chelsea. Travis had lost his game, and Stacy came home with her makeup rolling down her face, apparently she broke a heel and Jason broke up with her I can't believe he did that. I didn't meet him the next day, I might not like my sister but I still care for her and her room is next to mine and if no one helps her I will have to go the sleep to her crying.And I probably won't go bed.

Well that was in the beginning of the week it is Thursday, it's lunch and I'm paying for my food at the counter she was handing my change for a twenty back. I take my change out of her hand and picked up my tray and scanned through the lunch room to find Chelsea and Penelope, I see Chelsea waving her arm and yelling my name, I couldn't really hear her since the lunch room is probably louder then a casino. Well I have always thought that but most people think I'm weird or stupid, but I don't care anymore. As I start walking over to there table I feel someone gently grab my arm I look down at the hand and then over my back to see who has the nerve to seperate me from my friends and food, as me neck cranes around over my shoulders I see the sparkling eyes no one but Jason.

I really didn't want to do this right now, I shook my arm out of his grip and looked at him, his eyes weren't there happy go lucky selves they were more sorrow filled and looked worried. I couldn't stand to keep looking into his eyes so I looked down at my tray, which was starting to get really heavy, and played with the corner the felt weird with my finger "What," I said harsher then I wanted to but why should I hold back.

He takes a deep breath and says " Why are you ignoring me? You said you would meet me the other day but I couldn't find you, if your mad at me about me breaking up with your sister but that was just a bump in the road." A bump in the road, that's what he thinks my sister is, just a bump in the road either he's brain dead or he is willing to cross that border with me.

Well guess what bub your whole face will have a big bump on it soon if you don't shut up, "Excuse me, is that all she is to you a bump? For your information she is more than that and you think that I have to be at your beck and call." He looked shock like I was out of my mind, I look him straight in the eye and say "Well here's some information for you, I don't care if your Mr.Popular ok, so. I will yell at you and I don't care who thinks of me strangely. So for starters stop calling me and trying to get in touch with Stacy, every time you call she starts to cry," almost suddenly the cafeteria goes quiet.

"I....Uh.... Well I didn't think that since your always fighting with your sister..."

"What, you think I don't care about my sister! Well guess what I do and if I didn't she would have a rough time getting around, and also leave me, my friends, and my family alone."

I feel someone grab my arm I turn almost instantly to see who it was, there stood Stacy and all my friends, Chelsea said quietly " Come on Mackenzie your making a scene," she should know she loves drama, she tugs on my arm again but I don't budge instead and hand her my tray and tell her to go back to the table with it.

I look back at at Jason who has the puppy dog eyes out again and I put my hands up in defense and walk towards him and stopped almost one or two feet away from him, " This isn't over meet me out front to settle this, if you don't I know where you live" with that said I hooked arms with my sister and walked over to the table where my actually friends were sitting. Stacy nudged me I look at her still with a big grin on my face because I accomplished something big today, " Thanks, Mackenzie. You did great, and I do care about you also just please don't take this the wrong way but can I sit with my friends?" I nodded and smiled, she leaned and hugged me, " Your welcome Stacy". She ran over to her table as I sat down and I opened my milk carton, I felt like I was being watched I turn to see every one looking at me I screamed "What? Haven't you ever seen some stick up for there sister?" With that said they all turned back to what they were doing and the room became loud again.

I stuck the straw into my milk and toke a sip, it was still cold but not as cold as I wanted it to be. I look up up to see all my friends looking at me with either shocked faces or there grinning, well Drake was the only one smiling I guess no understood how I felt besides me, "What?", Chelsea spoke up and said " Where is this new confidence coming from?," I shrugged "I don't know really, he really just got on my nerves", I fell someone's arm go on the back of my chair, I look over to my side.

Of course it would be Drake. I didn't even hear him move around the table never mind slide the chair out, "Well I like this more independent girl much better then a secret hider," he smiled and winked at me, does he still not get it I think I made myself very clear when he came over the other day. I elbowed him in the ribs and said " I'm the same Mackenzie just coming out of hiding to everyone else. And I said back off.Creep"

After that we all laughed and finished our lunches, the bell rang not to long after. I threw away my trash and headed to the bathroom to wash my hands, I push the door open only to see Brittany and her minions, Brittany is the head of the cheerleading team and caption of any thing else she wants to be of, she used to be best friends with my sister but they got in a big fight and now Brittany tries to make her life miserable, but my sister got ahold of Jason before she could and she won that battle. I roll my eyes and push one of the minions out of the way towards the sink.

Brittany then comes behind me and starts playing I with my hair, I pulled my hair out of her dainty hand and dried my hands off, "Oh look, little miss attitude doesn't have anything to say now that she stood up for her sister but she can't stand up for herself. Even after she has slept with Drake Strandle." Hold up I didn't sleep with Drake where did she get this from, I turn around and get in her face "Hold up I never slept with him, and I don't intend to. And I can make you eat your words.",

" Oh really?" She shoots back at me with a sarcastic tone,

"Just watch me." And I smack her across the face and smiled. Her emotion was a mix between shocked and hurt.

She ran out of the bathroom as fast as she could and her little gang not far behind her with that down I wave to her girls looking back at me and it was one of those bubye waves that are usually for sarcasm. The door shut and I looked back at the mirror and said to myself "You did good today Mackenzie!" And left the girls bathroom with a little skip in my step, I walk to my locker to get my books and it was off to fifth period.