Moana: Tala Malie

(Spoiler warning right of the bat! If you haven't seen the movie go watch it damn you! you can stream it for free on 123movies.to)

(concept: I first had this thought while having the villain song stuck in my head. There is literally probably like three gods in existence or something like that and Maui is only a demigod but seems to just be able to do EVERYTHING as long as he has his magical fishhook. I mean of course he can't create stuff out of nothing like Te Fiti, but he can pull islands out of the ocean simply by fishing them out. In the villain song the villain goes on about how Maui kind of deserted the gods in order to chase the love of the humans because they made him feel wanted. To me then I'm just assuming this means there are other god like beings out there. But if Te Fiti is creation and removing her heart makes her destruction, Te Ka, and assuming you can't just get pretty tattoos because of your ego, that doesn't leave a lot of options in the god departments. Since I came to the conclusion that I couldn't come to a conclusion I made something up. :P I know so creative right. XD)

Tala Melia is a demigoddess of sea and land creatures. Like Maui, Tala was born human however she was not just simply cast from her village into the ocean as Maui was. Tala was Sacrificed, or rather was supposed to be, to the believed god of the beasts in order to ensure the protection of the village from monsters. Her tribe weren't voyagers like Moana and their island was infested with dangerous beasts, giving up their first born children didn't seem enough and thought they gave to the god the creatures still attacked. They believed if giving an heir of their leader would appease the god and he would keep them safe from the monsters. However, it was not so because the god of creatures had created man and looked down upon creatures he had created and saw them as evil that they would slay one that couldn't defend themselves, also he never wanted sacrifice anyways. So instead he saved the child from the barbaric tribe and warned them. "Should any of you slay another child in my name not only will I visit the wrath of a thousand gods upon you I shall also wipe the very existence of your evil tribe from the face of the planet."

So the tribe had to quit tradition in order to save their existence, but as punishment for their injustice the god refused to return the child to the tribe and her himself. Upon her 18th birthday the beast god revealed to his brothers and sisters that he wished this child to carry on in his place protecting and creating the creatures of the land and sea. All in agreement the gods bestowed the power of a demi into Tala and she was the demigoddess of the creatures of the land and sea. With her gift she is able to create any and all animals of the land and sea.

Her gift, a small coin shaped amulet with a red stone in the center, allows her to make her thoughts reality

Her gift, a small coin shaped amulet with a red stone in the center, allows her to make her thoughts reality. She carries on the legacy of the great beast god while he rests in eternal undisturbed sleep with the rest of the gods.

-Story- (finally right!? XD)

Maui returns to the island he had known in his younger days. He glances around and frowns. "guess everyone is gone... makes sense they probably moved on while I was stuck on that rock." Maui scratches the back of his head and sighs. "oh well I've been alone this long... it would have been awkward anyways." He begins walking towards what he used to call home. "it's weird though... it's hardly ever quiet here as far as I can re-call... the other demigods loved to party."

A loud screech of an animal sounds and then faster than Maui can blink he is surrounded by crazy color exploded birds with big bright colored feathers and long fluffy legs.

"what the heck o.o'" Maui looks around the bird holding his hook up. "these things are insanely colored..." he smirks. "Tala?" he calls. "is that you?"

"oh so you do remember me." Tala walks between two of the bird critters to stand in front of Maui. "good I was beginning to think you'd forgotten us."

"it's a long story." Maui chuckles. "you see I lost my hook."

"figures." Tala smirks placing her hand on her hip. "you never were very good at holding onto it."

"actually I was..." Maui starts.

"oh I know." Tala frowns. "you wanted the humans to love you so you stole the heart of Te Fiti to bring them creation." She points at the land behind her. "you do realize this place is very close to the gods resting place."

"so?" Maui shrugs. "nobody got hurt right?"

"countless creatures of my design were driven extinct when the shadows came upon this land. Shadows that were released because of you Maui." Tala pouts. "sure I was able to restore most of them but..."

"the shadows..." Maui frowns. "sorry..."

"yes well try telling that to the others." Tala crosses her arms. "the shadows came fast... nobody else made it off the island..."

"they..." Maui stares at Tala. "your joking right?"

Tala shakes her head. "anyone on the island died I myself barley managed to escape in time." She pouts a little and looks at the closest colorful bird. "these creatures I call them Blamobirds are the only things on this island besides me." (CUZ SHUT UP NAMES ARE HARD!)

"Blamobirds?!" Maui chuckles. "what an awful name..."

"Like you have room to talk!?" Tala yells putting one finger on Maui's chest. "you destroyed everything so don't you tell me how to do my job! Why did you come back here?!"

"Would you believe I came back because... I missed you." He smirks pushing her arm down to her side.

"no!" Tala grumbles.

"well your smarter then I give you credit for then." Maui chuckles. Then he becomes very quiet. "I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt..."

"well you hurt a lot." Tala looks around and then back at Maui. "I've had to stay here in order to restore all the animals you killed by releasing the shadows... do you have any idea how long it'll take to correct this!?"

"I'm sorry." Maui frowns. "it wasn't supposed to happen like this." After a moment he puts his hand on her shoulder. "how long have you been alone here?"

"I came back once I realized the darkness was fading." Tala replies. "but I've been alone since the beginning..."

"Tala you must believe me it wasn't supposed to end this way..." he starts.

"how was it supposed to end Maui?" Tala questions.

Maui frowns. "I don't know anymore."

"why did you come back?" Tala questions.

"I was looking for the rest of the demi..." Maui sighs. "the rest of my family..."

"why do you suddenly care now?" Tala remarks. "you never cared before."

"I was a jerk... I'm sorry." Maui huffs. "how many time do you want me to apologize!?"

"until I feel like you mean it." Tala snaps her fingers and the birds run off. "but no matter how many times you say it Maui... it won't bring them back."

"I know..." he sighs. "then what can I do?"

"only gods have the power to create other gods..." Tala turns around and begins walking away. "you should just prey they assist us in restoring this mess you made."

"hey wait up!" Maui calls running after her.