Kingdom Hearts: Axel x Reader - part 2

It had only taken you a few minutes to clear out the heartless problem in district two. Once you had though you became painfully aware of that fact that Riku had just tried to steal your heart and you were now all alone with Axel, a member of the organization you despised because they kept getting in your way and trying to kill you.

Axel turns back to you after seeing there isn't any more heartless. "hey we def..." he trails off when he sees you crying again. "oh don't cry..." he puts his weapons away and walks over to stand next to you. "we won you don't have to be sad."

"that isn't why..." you whine and fall to your knees. "why would riku betray me."

Axel kneels down next to you frowning. "don't waste your tears on that guy. He's a prick."

"he wasn't always like that!" you defend loudly and clinch your fist. "he used to be my friend!" you glare up at Axel as you blame him and the organization for everything bad. "why is the organization ruining my life!"

"we aren't..." Axel sighs. "I understand why you would think that but really we're just following orders."

"well your orders suck." You whine. "stop ruining my life... I just want my friends back."

"riku?" Axel questions.

"not just riku, Kairi." You look up at Axel again anger burning in your eyes. "the organization abducted Kairi. She hasn't got anything to do with your group or any of the key blade stuff. I demand you let her go!"

"what?" Axel looks at you surprised. "that... that can't be true. Nobody innocent was supposed to get hurt? I've never heard of any Kairi. I don't think Xemnas would lie to us. He only wants the key blade."

"but why!?" You stand up and look down at Axel. "did he ever tell you why he needs the key blade so badly?"

"well no but..." Axel defends. "he said we'd get what we wanted most. For me that's my heart." He stares at you with a pained look in his eyes. "Nobody was supposed to get hurt."

You turn away from Axel and begin to leave. "well... thank you for helping me escape. Now if you don't mind I have an organization to crush and a friend to find."

'no that doesn't make any sense.' Axel puts his hands on his head. 'nobody was supposed to get hurt... she says her friend was taken by the organization. But that can't be true. Can it?' he watches you leave. 'she doesn't trust me at all.' He stands up and looks at his hands. "is the organization really as bad as she says? If so, then I need to get to the bottom of this." He nods and then disappears into a portal.

-you-

You go by yourself to see Cid in district one. You ask if Donald and goofy have been by looking for you too which he replies no. You decide on going to king mickey's castle to see if they went there to wait for you but then you remember they have the gummi ship. Your stuck in traverse town with no way to contact your friends. You decide to level grind in district two until they come to find you.

-axel-

Goes back to the head quarts and asks his friends Demyx, Siax, and Zexion if they have ever heard of Kairi. They don't know about any Kairi but Demyx recalls Marluxia talking about his job watching over a special prisoner in the world the never was. Axel goes to investigate the world that never was base and discovers that he'd been lied to about everything. Xemnas never planned to give the nobodies hearts but instead was trying to break the seal of kingdom hearts using the keyblade to unleash a terrible darkness into the worlds. He then found out you had been right about the organization taking your friend Kairi. So in an effort to stop Xemnas's evil plans he helped Kairi break out of her cell.

Axel was able to escape the facility with Kairi and they exit the portal into 'the pride lands' Axel ignore the fact that they've both become animals and promises Kairi he doesn't mean her any harm. He asks her to lay low and hide while he goes to collect you. She agrees and waits hidden in the jungle while Axel leaves to go get you.

-both-

Your grinding level in district two when the darkness portal opens up. Your immediately on edge, because most of the time that means you're about to get wrecked. Axel steps out of the portal and looks at you with his big green eyes full of sadness. "axel?" you growl.

"I'm not here to fight you." Axel drops to his knees in front of you. "I came to apologize... you were right about everything... Xemnas wasn't helping us he was using us." Axel puts his hands in front of him and looks at the ground. "Please don't hate me. I really thought he was helping us. i... I even found your friend Kairi... don't worry she's safe for now hidden in the pride lands."

"you... found Kairi?!" you grab axel by his coat. "where! Take me to her!"

"ok." Axel nods and opens the portal. "take my hand."

"why?" you frown.

"because you don't have a cloak so you might be attacked... these aren't just for show you know they block the darkness when we travel through the world paths. If you don't stick close to me you'll end up some place else and I won't be able to find or help you."

"oh..." you hesitate but then finally decide it's ok to take his hand.

Everything is surrounded in darkness.

On the other side you come out as a lion. 'the pride lands. Transformation is a thing in this world.' You look around and don't see much of anything. "are you sure she's here?"

Axel nods. "Yes. This was the safest place I could think to hide her." Axel takes a few steps into the forest. "even if they found her they'd transform in this world so she'd be a lot safer here."

"I see." You follow axel into the forest and find Kairi sitting by a stream. "Kairi!"

She turns to you and smiles. "(y/n) so good to see you again."

You do a one arm hug and sit next to Kairi by the stream. "I'm so glad you're ok Kairi."

"Yeah." She smiles a bit and looks at the water. "they weren't too mean to me." She giggles a bit. "I am glad to finally be out of there though."

_