Rick and Morty: OC Roslin - Part 4

"damn it!" younger in his 30's rick growls and slumps against the wall onto the ground. "I really fucked this up."

The Roslin he's being held captive with has painted streaks across her cheeks as a symbol of her attack on the government, and can't be more than 18 years old. She turns to him with an annoyed glare. "had you not come busting into the control room like an idiot I would have succeeded in what I came here to do."

"look lady no offence but I could give two craps about you fucking mission alright." Rick growls and glares at the door. "I came here with my own plans for this space junk. What you were going to do is pointless compared to the scale of attack I was planning."

"I was going to set off a virus bomb in the control room disabling the entire structure!?" Roslin growls at Rick with a super pissed off face. "and I would have succeeded in uploading it if you hadn't set off the alarm with your stupid useless do nothing laser!"

"it's a disintegrator beam! It turns people into dust!" Rick screams, then he pauses staring at Roslin. "wait... you were trying to crash the system with a virus? That... that almost sounds really smart..."

"well yeah I should hope it'd be smart?!" Roslin retorts crossing her arms. "on my planet, Scichi I70, I'm a scientist, but my people are primal and don't understand technology. My father did great things for my planet... and they repaid him by sending him to his death at the hands of the space government!" she slams her fist into the wall and then places her head on the wall. "I was so close... I was nearly there... I could have finally got revenge."

"ehhh..." Rick frowns and the wall. "sorry I didn't realize somebody else was already trying to destroy this piece of shit I wouldn't have come then." Rick shrugs. "oh well too late now." He sighs and looks at a photo he keeps in his coat.

"What's that??" Roslin question glancing at the photo.

"My grandson Morty and his sister summer." Rick points at the baby in the photo. "in the back there is my daughter Beth and her husband jerry. They don't get along very well. The whole family is a mess really, I'm not going to spend whatever time I have left trying to explain it to you." he puts the photo away and pulls out a flask. "if I'm going out by the government then I'm going out drunk as hell!" he yells taking a big drink.

"we aren't going to die." Roslin says looking over the door. "if you follow my plan we'll both make it out of here alive. I'm Roslin by the way."

"Rick." Rick stands up to listen to what she has to say but is skeptical about the strange science lady from the primitive world. "you said the space government has a hand in your planet... I find that very hard to believe."

"they do." she protests. "they mine a rare gem stone on my planet that allows people to grow fins and swim like fish when they are in water."

"oh I see." Rick put his hand on his chin. "in that case your planet just has a weird resource they want."

"the condition on Scichi I70 is the only place capable of combining the atoms needed to form the element the gem is made from." Roslin frowns. "I've been studying it for years along with technology left behind by those who crash into or land on Scichi I70."

After this the two plan an escape from the cell area and manage to get out. Roslin skillfully creeps up on some guards and knocks them out and then takes their weapons. "are you sure it's this way?" Rick asks following Roslin as she runs full speed down the hall.

"yes!" she replies and they turn the corner into an ambush. "oh..."

"shiiiiit!" Both Roslin and Rick growl at the same time.

A blaster war ensues as Roslin and Rick attempt making their way over the pods. Roslin realizes while they are fighting that the pods have to be activated from the outside which mean one of them has to stay behind and close the door to activate the launch. 'he has family he needs to get back too.'

"there's too many!" Rick yells as he's backed against the wall even though he's still shooting. No matter how many he kills more just pop up. "it never ends!"

"Rick!" Roslin blasts through some guards and pushes rick into an open pod, then she slams the docking door shut. "go on without me!"

"what?! But what about you!" Rick screams through the door. "wait look out behind you!"

Roslin had nearly hit the eject panel but she was grabbed from behind. "go home to your family rick." She smiles a little bit and then yanks her arm away from the guards and blasts the panel causing it to short circuit. This results in beginning a launch count down from 10 which nobody can stop now because the panel is broken.

"10"

"remember me Rick! Don't let the government win! Take them down! Take them all down!"

"9"

"Roslin! You idiot!" Rick screams trying to pry the door open.

"8"

"I'll be alright!" Roslin screams fighting off more guys as they appear.

"7"

The doors on the inside of the pod shut and a light comes on that says put your seat belt on.

"6"

"I didn't think I could trust her yet she was willing to give up everything just so I could get away."

"5"

Roslin turns to the window in the doors and looks at Rick.

"4"

Another guard comes around the corner while she isn't looking Rick points at him but it's already to late.

"3"

Roslin is shot in the shoulder, and again in the leg.

"2"

"shit!" Rick looks around the pod. "I can't just leave her. I demand you stop! Open this door!"

"1 launching"

"no!" Rick looks out the window and again and sees Roslin captured. He then falls to the floor as the pod jerks forward and shoots into space. A few moments later he stands back up and watches the government ship fade away behind him. "she really did that." Rick sighs and goes to the seat. "if I could make portals this could have been avoided... you know what I think I'll make a portal maker when I get home. It'll be like a gun... yeah portal gun. I like the sound of that."

-present day-

Rick glances over from his spaceship at the Roslin he is currently with. 'twenty years younger than me at least, but she has a bigger lab and way more shit then I do. she must be collecting parts like the other Roslin mentioned from people who crash here.'

"Grandpa Rick." Morty looks at Rick and then at Roslin. "do you like Roslin? You keep looking at her."

"No Morty." Rick rolls his eyes and turns back to his ship. "some things are just hard to forget. You'll understand one day Morty. One day when somebody you don't know sacrifices themselves so you can go home... then you'll understand."