Suddenly Kita jerked away.

Sarin looked at her startled. "I do something wrong?"

"I'm sorry. I can't do this. It was a mistake," Kita said panicked.

"What?" Sarin said confused.

"I can't do this knowing Snowy's down there sick and possibly dying. It's not right."

"But there's nothing you can do."

"I can worry. What if something goes wrong? What do I tell her? The last thing I want to tell her is I was up in the clouds making out with you. I'm sorry you don't love her like I do and can do this with a clear conscious," Kita said harshly.

"That's not fair. I love her plenty. Unlike you, I'm not obligated to care."

"Lucky you."

Kita let go of Sarin and dove for the ground.

"Kita, wait!" Sarin called after her. "That's not what I meant. I choose to care." She sighed to herself as she dove after Kita.

Following Kita down, Sarin turned invisible. She didn't want Kita to run away from her, at the same time, she wanted to be close in case Kita tried something again. The trajectory didn't take them back to the Black Legion. She could see Death's Brigade lined up waiting for action.

Kita landed in front of the row's of tanks. The nearby soldiers stopped what they were doing and saluted her. Kita returned it as Colonel Delta Seven and Sergeant Major Four Eight Fox rushing toward her and saluted.

"It's good to see you safe Commander. We were worried," said Delta Seven.

Kita laughed. "I didn't know you worried, Colonel."

"A good commander worries about many things, including the status of our commander and benefactor."

"And her I thought we were friends," Kita joked.

"If you would like. Normally, friendship between superior and subordinate is not allowed."

Kita nodded. "I've never found it a problem as long as both sides know where one starts and the other ends."

"Indeed that is important. So, what's troubling you?" he said astutely.

"And her I thought I was doing a good job of burying my troubles."

"You're young and masking your emotions is not something you've learn to do well."

"You really don't want to listen to me whine about my long list of problems."

"I understand it's what friends do. Sergeant Major, you can return to your duties." Four Eight Fox nodded and left. "Come, let's take a walk and you can tell me. Even if I can do nothing but listen, it will benefit you."

"I didn't think you were born with a human side," Kita said lightly.

"It is an important part of being a commander. It helps to identify and understand your subordinates. You seem to be a natural at this. We're also given a number of classes on psychology. So, tell me what's on your mind that worries a woman who just broke free of an underground prison?"

Kita took a deep breath and started at the beginning. She went into more detail with him over her leadership failures. Delta Seven listened intently, not interrupting her, but gave her encouraging facial expressions and gestures. When she finished, he nodded and stood for a moment digesting what she'd told him. He drew his pistol and pointed it at her.

Delta Seven drew his pistol so fast, Sarin was slow to react drawing hers. Kita took a defensive stance. She debated if she should shoot or not. During her internal debate, Delta Seven put the pistol away.