29

Sturmtruppen soldiers retook their positions on the keep's walls. A large group came through the square's broken gatehouse, firing as they went. Two demons followed.

Snowy and Kita grinned at each other. Kita grabbed Snowy, jumped up on her, and gave her a long hard kiss. Bullets ricocheted and whizzed by. Kita extend her heat shield. When they parted, Snowy stroked Kita's face. Snowy motioned upward with her head. Kita threw her up into the air.

Snowy landed in the middle of the advancing Sturmtruppen and cut them apart. She spied a young soldier crawling away.

"Where are you going, young one?" she said sweetly.

He looked up at her in horror. "Please, it hurts. I just want to go home."

"Really? What happened to that strong and arrogant Sturmtruppen that stood their firing at me not five minutes ago?"

"Please, just let me go. Take me prisoner, even. Just don't kill me. I don't want to die." The kid broke into tears.

"Oh, poor dear," Snowy cooed, "There's no need to cry."

The kid looked up at her. "You're going to let me live?"

"Do you see a white, glowing angel around here?"

"N-no."

"Guess it's not your lucky day. The Angel of Mercy's must be busy. I guess I'll have to take her place and I'm fresh out of mercy."

The kid went from hope to horror. Snapping out a claw, Snowy scratched a deep grove into the side of his face. She held the claw in front of his face.

"And here I thought it might come out yellow..." Snowy let the blood drip onto his forehead and and run down his face. With a smile, she licked the tip of her claw. "Hmm, you taste good. Sweet, tender, and young." She laughed wickedly as she stood up.

"Please," the boy whispered.

Snowy shook her head. "Sorry, sweetie. Today you are going to die."

"No," he cried.

Snowy performed a kick flip. Catching the boy under chin, she sent him upward. Landing, she lunged forward, snapping her jaws around his neck. She shook him until his body tore away.

Spitting out what she had in her mouth, she went over to the body and tore an arm off. Heavy boots behind her caused her to turn around. Smiling, she took a bite. The Sturmtruppen looked at her like she had committed the ultimate sin.

"What? You do it." Snowy laughed and charged.

***

Landing in front of the daemons, Kita jumped at the first, somersaulted and bounced off a lunging arm. Performing a lay out over the demon she grabbed the long horn pulling the demon over. Kita rolled when she hit the ground, the demon landed behind her with a bang. Flipping backwards, she landed on its neck. The second demon brought a fist up to strike. Kita dove sideways as the second demon's fist crushed the first's neck.

Ducking between the demon's legs, Kita drew Dusk and Dawn and heated them. She thrust them into the demon's jet nozzles. Extending her heat shield, the demon exploded above her. Around her bullets struck. Spreading her wings, Kita glided to wall around the keep.

Two bullets hit her. She fell to the ground. Sturmtruppen guards surrounded her on both sides. Two of them shot her. One bullet ricocheted off her skull, leaving her with a headache. She extended her heat shield incinerating those around her. Kita rubbed where the bullet hit her skull. I won't do that again.

***

Kita and Snowy kicked in the massive double doors of the keep. Squealing in delight over finding a company waiting for them, they rampaged through the Sturmtruppen. Blood covered every surface. Bodies lay scattered on the floor, hanging from various decorative artifacts, and several smashed through some obsolete arrowslits.