2

Sarin sat on a rock complaining about the pain to Kita and Anthrax. Most of the cuts and lacerations had healed and the bones would be good as new soon. Sarin's continued complaining grated on Kita.

"Oh, will you be quiet," Kita snapped. "You think she cut off your arm or something."

Snowy gave a slight smile at the harsh reprimand.

Kita turned her attention to Snowy. "I've had a year and a half to get over what you did. I don't care that you did it. Whatever you needed or I couldn't give you, I hope you found it. Just answer me one question, why him? Out of a camp of thousands, you picked him. I could live with, even understand, any other. But you chose to sleep with my brother. Why Snowy...Why?" Sparkles of tears formed in her eyes as she waited for an answer.

Snowy looked at the ground. When she looked up again, tears fell down Kita's face. Snowy's hesitation to answer could only mean she hadn't done it for power, or influence, or even money. At the very least it'd been for lust. Whatever she hadn't done or did do to drive Snowy to him she'd probably never know the answer. She now knew the one person in the entire world she loved had betrayed her.

Kita's heart fell to pieces, and the falling tears exploded into a waterfall. Wrapping her wings around her, she put her head down too embarrassed to cry in front of Sarin and Anthrax. Anthrax rushed over with Sarin hobbling after her.

"What in Neptune's rings did you do to her, cat?" Anthrax snarled.

Snowy shook her head as he walked away.

***

Omega wasn't about to let Snowy get off so easy. He would not put up with another go around of Kita with a broken heart. Once had been enough for an eternity.

"Where do you think you're going?" he demanded, moving in front of Snowy.

"I'm not wanted here. That's clear. So leave me alone."

"You're right; I don't want you here. Nell and Jane don't want you here. But Kita does. Why do you think you're the first one she's sought out? You have caused her the most pain and anguish and are the one she's wanted to see most for the past three years. Even after she found out about your indiscretion, she didn't give up hope that there was something more to it. Now you've dashed that hope. What was the actual reason?" Omega roared so loud his speaker squealed.

"I don't remember," Snowy whispered.

"What do you mean you don't remember? Was it that good or the bad?" Omega's synthetic voice did its best to relay the sarcasm of the statement.

"No, I mean I don't know. I can't remember. One minute I'm eating, the next I'm waking up."

"So why didn't you tell her that?" Omega growled in annoyance.

"How do I tell her that? 'Hey kitten, sorry I didn't mean to sleep with your brother. I just don't remember what happened,' " Snowy hissed.

A long, loud roar echoed off the mountainside. A giant white bear in full armor decorated with ornate etchings and inlays lumbered out from behind some rocks. Half a dozen smaller bears in armor followed.

The color drained from Snowy's pink nose as her ears lay flat against her head.

***

Kita looked up from the embrace she shared with Sarin and Anthrax. A smile broke through her tears at the sight of the giant bear. Wiping away her tears, she led the others to greet Frostbane. She gave him a big hug around the neck, which he returned by wrapping a big arm around her.

Before Kita could say anything, the white bear began to change. His massive size shrunk down to that of a large muscular man with blue eyes, long white hair, and chiseled features. The armor disappeared, and he stood before them nude. Sarin and Anthrax stood in awe for a few moments. Kita yawned.