Before Kita could react Anthrax looked at Snowy. "Snowy you're a disgusting, vile, and nasty creature. Only savages and psychotics eat people. You're a complete bitch to be around and impossible to work with. You're just a slightly less atrocious version of Kita, which makes you pathetic and truly a weak-minded person."

She turned her gaze on Sarin. "And you! You are the worse of the lot. I can't believe you and what you've done. There is no justifying any of it. I don't care what or who's at stake. People have a right to live as much as you do. Just because you can kill them at will, doesn't mean you can or should be allowed. Nothing then or now gives you the right to do it. I don't care if you're a goddamn fallen angel or not. You know better and were taught better. I hope there is a god so you'll receive some kind of punishment for your vile and putrid actions. If I had my way Jane, they'd send you to the judicial psych board and have you locked up forever. You're beyond despicable, Jane. I'm ashamed to have every called you my friend."

Sarin and Snowy tried to respond, but Anthrax whirled around and stormed out.

"That was insightful," Snowy commented.

"That's one word for it. I wish I'd gotten a chance to tell her what I thought of her. Did you know this was coming Zidin?" Sarin asked curiously.

"Yes. She came to me when we first got here and told me about her plan. I tried to discourage it and explain to her that what she wants doesn't exist here. I told her it would be better if she stayed and worked within the group to make it better, less evil. But, it's not just you she blames. She blames everyone else for enabling you and allowing you to do it. I think she thinks they're just as guilty. I wouldn't try and stop her. Let her go and see what the real world is like outside of Roost, the Army of the Rose, and us. It's brutal, cold, and survival rules all. Even in the big cities. What she wants is a luxury of the wealthy."

Sarin and Snowy nodded.

"Are you ok, kitten?" Snowy said looking over at Kita.

Kita had sat up to listen and now was silent. Her eyes had developed a far off stare.

"Babe?" Sarin gently touched Kita's shoulder.

Kita responded by breaking out into long, loud sobs. She buried her head in her hands, curled up into a ball, and wrapped her wings around her in a protective cocoon. Sarin and Snowy tried to console her, but she wouldn't budge.

***

Kita's sobs continued to the point Snowy thought she'd hyperventilate. She looked at Zidin pleading, he knelt next to the bed and spoke softly to her. The cocoon exploded open as Kita flung herself around Zidin's neck and continued to sob on his shoulder.

These crying fits usually didn't last long. When it became apparent Kita would continue for a while, Zidin pushed the bed out of the way and locked his legs to create a lap. He unwrapped Kita from around his neck and moved her down. He held her as she wrapped her arms around his middle.

"Do you think she's mad at us? Blames us for Nell leaving?" Sarin asked over the comm.

"I hope not." Snowy said, suddenly scared.

"I doubt it. This is one of her she-screwed-up cries," said Zidin. "I don't think she'll blame you at all. She'll most likely reserve it all for herself."

"Well, from the sounds of it we all deserve a share, some of us a bit more than others," Sarin grumbled.

The door opened and Katie and Tina rushed in.

"What happened? What's going on? And who's crying? You can hear it all the way down the hall," Tina exclaimed.

"It's your sister. Well, uhm, actually we might as well tell everyone at once. Can you please go get Paladin and bring him in?" said Snowy.