Kita nodded understandingly. "I'm sorry for that. That's my fault. I promise to never do it again. I may have to fight you, but I promise to never do anything like that again. Ok?"

Snowy nodded.

Kita put her arm around Snowy and pulled her close. "My poor big kitty," Kita cooed.

"I thought you'd given up on me and left me," said Snowy, curling up tight to Kita.

"I didn't think this was a serious problem. It's only been going on a couple of months. You told me we had a long life together and that there would be times like these. If this had gone on a year or two, then I would have started to worry."

Snowy laughed quietly.

"Anyway, if in some hypothetical world I decided to actually leave you. I wouldn't just leave quietly. You'd know I was leaving. It wouldn't be one of those subtle happening in the middle of the night," Kita teased.

"Well you're now officially not allowed to leave me. I don't know what I'd do without you. I don't know how I lived nine thousand years without my kitten," Snowy said sternly.

"Deal." Kita grinned. She nibbled and pulled on Snowy's ear. Snowy flicked it playfully in return. A kiss to Snowy's forehead turned into a series of soft tender kisses. Snowy relaxed in Kita's arms.

Sarin laughed. "Wow, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed you two could be this nauseating."

Kita stuck her tongue out. "I'm just as bad with you."

"I know and I owe you an apology as well," Sarin said sitting down next to Kita.

"Oh? For what?"

"It was pointed out that it looked like I've been stringing you along, while being distant and greedy."

"You're going to have to explain that, love. I don't feel that way at all."

"I'm scared of you and because of it I keep my distance, but I still love you and I know you love me. And I'm worried you might think I'm just using you."

"Wow, you're both scared of me? Damn. I thought I was doing better at my self control and temper," Kita said with a frown.

"No, you have. It's a different kind of scared. I'm scared of you. The evil you. I'm worried that if I get too close I'll..." Sarin looked at Snowy and blushed. "Don't take this wrong Snowy, but I'm afraid I'll turn out like her. And after this month I couldn't do it. I'm just not cut out to be evil or even mean...and it's why I won't sleep with you."

Kita shook her head. "You have nothing to worry about. I knew that a long time ago. I try hard to keep that part in check when I'm around you. I know I have a tendency to influence people and behavior. But I don't feel you're hiding from me or being distant. You know who I am. Influence goes both ways. You temper me more than I think you realize, the same way Snowy brings out and indulges my darker side." Kita pet Snowy and kiss her head. "I like what we have. I get to hang out and have fun with someone I enjoy being with. I like that I get to be warm, soft, and affectionate with you. It makes me feel good."

"Can I get some of that too? I miss that about you," Snowy said quietly.

Kita's eyebrows went up. "Of course. I thought you didn't like it anymore."

Snowy shook her head shyly.

"Whatever my big kitty wants."

"So you're not upset with me about anything?" Sarin said sounding relieved.

Kita shook her head. "Nope. The only thing you were even connected with was what happened right before I left."

"You're not upset about us?"