"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you both. It just looked like fun," Kita said apologetically.

"Just warn us first," said Sarin.

"So what do you want to talk about all secret like up here?" Kita jumped on a tall rock to sit.

"Them." Sarin motioned down the mountain.

"What about them?"

"Why are you working with our enemy?" Snowy pleaded.

"Oh, they're not our enemy. Not anymore." Kita said bouncing her legs off the rock.

"Then why are they in fighting positions?" Snowy said exasperated.

"Because I don't want you killing them. They have orders not to shoot unless absolutely necessary. I didn't expect you to come find me. I expected to have to run out and stare down your tanks."

"And then what? Have them throw down their weapons and become our prisoners?" said Sarin.

"Heavens no. I plan on keeping them armed and fit to fight. They're too good to waste. They're well trained and better disciplined then the Arconians."

"You can't possibly be thinking of putting them into the army," said Snowy.

"I wouldn't dream of it. They're mine." Kita said with a smile.

"What do you mean yours?" said Sarin.

"I mean mine, as in their loyal to me and to me alone," Kita said tersely.

"You don't trust me with them?" Snowy said sounding hurt.

"Of course I do. I expect them to operate in the same way the Black Watch does. When I say 'me alone' it's more of a legal issue. I'm just thinking ahead. The Army of the Rose is bound by Arcone tradition. Once the Red Legion is out of Yorq it won't go any further unless someone pays us. Same with the Black Legion. Technically, I could take them wherever I want, but I do plan on making nice with LCom someday and I don't want them to have any more reasons to not like them. If they're personally loyal to me then no one can challenge my authority over them. That's all."

Snowy looked up at Kita. "I'm sorry," she said quietly.

"For what?" Kita cocking her head to one side.

Snowy looked at the ground. "For everything."

"It's ok, no hard feelings. You're forgiven," Kita said sincerely.

Snowy looked up at Kita's smiling face and burst into tears. Kita frowned and slid off the rock.

"Snowy what is it?" Kita asked putting her arm around Snowy.

"You're supposed to hate me and tell me how terrible I am. I've been ignoring you and mean. What's worse, I've been scared of you and paranoid you'll take revenge on me for it. You're not supposed to just forgive me this easy. I don't deserve it." Snowy sat down hard. Curling herself into a ball, she cried hard.

Kita sat down in front of her and took Snowy's hands. "You do to deserve it. When I've gone astray everyone forgives me easily. I just have to learn from my mistakes. I'm not mad at you and I wouldn't take revenge for it. The worst I've been is hurt, which has just made me sad. That's why I came out here.

"I thought instead of confronting you over it and us fighting about it, I'd go away for a while. To make myself feel better and let you deal with things in your own way."

"I haven't been too successful. I've just been a royal bitch to most of my friends and starting fights where I shouldn't have. It wasn't until Tina talked to me that I thought maybe I was wrong. But I've still been afraid," Snowy whispered.