CHAPTER 6: Truffles

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Three Days Later

Morning rolled in fast and Dana's already prepared.

Today is their flight to Bahamas. She woke up early since she needs to help Makayla-her sister-picks a dress to wear today. She promised her that last night. Earlier, Thomas knocked on her room to pick up her luggage. He even complained because she had three big luggage and one travel bag.

"Do you plan to bring your whole wardrobe, Dana?" He asked.

She rolled her eyes in exasperation, "Come on! Stop complaining. Take it out already!"

"Wow. You're really a girl, sister."

"Of course! What the hell are you saying?" She snorted.

Thomas is really up for something not good this morning. Instead of bantering with him, she pushed him out with her luggage. She only brought her shoulder bag.

Now, she's braiding Makayla's long wavy hair. She missed her badly. Her sister is such a prim and proper girl. Even if she's doing nothing, she's already screaming elegance. She got it from their mother. Luckily, it's just the looks and not the attitude. She can't stand seeing Makayla act like her. It'll be an headache.

"Are you fine with your clothes?" She asks,

Makayla nodded, "Yes. It's fantastic, Dana. Thank you." She answered.

"You're always welcome, baby."

For her, Makayla is still a baby. It's been a while since they've had a bonding together. She was too busy with so many things yet she forgot that she still has family. She asked Makayla how she is and what she did when she was away. The sixteen-year-old girl happily tells her different stories.

She even told her about her plan on getting a fashion design course so that she might be able to handle their Company someday. Dana is vocal towards saying 'no' to managing that so might as well help Makayla with whatever she needs in order for her to have the courage and confidence to run the Company.

Their tête-à-tête was interrupted when Clifford bombarded them with a loud knock on the door. His head peaked inside with plastered wide grin in his face, "Did I interrupt?" He asked innocently.

"It's good that you're aware." Makayla spat out acidly. "What do you want?"

Clifford opened the door widely, "You guys are needed downstairs. Mom is expecting you both." He said and went to Makayla's luggage. "Is this all? I'll bring these things down to be put in the car now." He pointed the Gucci bags.

Makayla nodded and smiled at her sister, "Come on, Dana. Mom is waiting..."

Makayla will always be the Mommy's girl. She always obeys whatever their Mom wishes to happen. It is so sad that Dana is the decent black sheep of the family-decent in a sense that she only wants freedom. She reached her dreams but she did not get those in just a snap. She had been through a lot and she proved everyone wrong. She made them realize that she's worth the shot.

Makayla began asking questions, "I browsed in the internet about to where we're going, I even saw pictures. The place is a bomb, Dana." She excitedly said while hugging her arm.

She chuckled upon hearing the excitement in her sister's voice, "I know, baby. I saw it too."

"They have so many water act-" She stopped and eyed her bag.

They were again interrupted by Dana's phone. Somebody's calling. Dana fished it out and saw Travis' name flashing in her screen. She shook her head, "You go first. Tell Mom something came up. I'll be there after a few minutes."