CHAPTER 14: Her Favorite

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Manhattan, New York

Being busy and being productive are two different things.

Malcolm hasn't had a decent sleep since he arrived in New York two days ago. He was always on the site trying to fix everything. His people are pressured since he was too livid and pissed. Half of the constructed buildings were burnt down and fortunately, minimal number of casualties. Malcolm was thankful that no one was harmed severely.

Those people who were at fault, he immediately fired them for being so stupid and careless. He doesn't want people who are not good in their fields. He wants professionals!

Now, the board members are in their favorite spot—the board room—in where they'll have the chance to rant in more ways than one. Actually, Malcolm hates to be at the end of the table, looking at everybody, and listening to their pointless rants about how he manages his company. Though, he tried to taunt them by pulling out their investments and just go to the rival company. Still, they chose to stay because they see more potential in his Company than the rival.

They are not a loss actually.

Malcolm could function even without them. He has so many connections and he could always just phone them and those people are very much willing to help him.

"Mr. Henderson, the company already spent too much for this! If we will reconstruct, we have to pull out big money again! That's too much!" One of the board members interjected. That earned different side comments.

Mrs. Chong said, "We don't have enough time too!"

"Then we will create our own time!" He answered.

"The casualties will need money to compensate their situation! We don't have a budget to that! The money is intended for the project only." Mr. Armstrong said.

Malcolm rolled his eyes heavenwards and creased his brows. "Who the hell told you that we don't have a budget to that?" He asked, "This is a multi-billion company and our people here are insured! They have adequate incentives and big salary! They always have insurance!" He reasoned out.

Insurance is a must when it comes to situation like this. No one gets to work without it!

The board room is such a mess. They've been doing these shouting and ranting since yesterday. He couldn't just contain this!

Peterson, who is in his side, whispered, "Mr. Mondragon wants us to give him the breakdown of expenses, even the list of materials that were put to waste after the accident."

Malcolm clenched his jaw and pressed his lips into a hard line.

"Tell him to wait and I'll call him." He coldly said.

The stress is too much! Only if Malcolm can just go home and sleep or be with his kids so that he could be somehow relieved, he will. He will leave work just for a decent sleep and rest. That's what he needs right now!

All the people that surround him right now pour stress over him.

"Everyone, stop!" Malcolm shouted. Everyone stopped from talking and looked at him with disappointed look. Well, he get used to that look already. "This is my Company, my rules and my supervision! No one gets to tell me what to do or how to do it! I told you before; if you don't want any loss of your goddamn money, then leave my company! I have given you that option yet you still chose to stay! Now, all I want you to do is just sit and shut your mouths so I can think of possible options for that problem! If you're all going to burn me here, nothing will happen!" He exploded like how he wants it to be.