CHAPTER 17: Not At All

UNEDITED 2017 version.

November, Manhattan, New York

The best feeling in the world is being loved back by the person you love.

A month had passed after Dana and Malcolm got back together in each other's arms. They experienced a rough ride before reaching that stage. They are not like any other couple who started smooth and getting to know each other. Malcolm and Dana started at the wrong side. They started with being exes then got to settle things between them and eventually happened to have another shot of their relationship.

It is true that when you love someone, even if they hurt you, you will still choose to have them back because you simply love them. No one ever knows the happening that might turn all the tables down.

Two days ago, they celebrated their first month of being back together. They went mountain hiking together and parasailing. A day full of ecstasy.

With that long span of time, Dana couldn't get hold of Travis. The man was so pissed at her. She even fueled the fire when she broke it to him that she and Malcolm are back to each other's arms. He was livid. He broke her center table in the penthouse. She was confused but she's trying hard to understand Travis.

Travis saw everything. He saw how devastated she was and how man hater she was in college. She gets to only play with them and dump them like a hot potato. Still, he may have seen the worse in her... that doesn't give him the right to act as if he was the abused one.

The man is jumping from one country to another. She called him a hundred times or more yet any of that he did not picked up. Dana was guilty. Travis is her best boy friend yet he's mad at her for choosing happiness. Was that really too much to ask?

Dana had too much thinking so she decided to stroll around the mall or maybe, shopping to release stress.

Her first stop was in some designer clothing line. She even had the chance to visit their own store in which she saw familiar employees who happily welcomed her. The business is booming big time. She heard that her Mom plans to have a show to endorse the newly designed clothes for the month of November.

She wants to be there—probably she will tell her Mom to send her invites.

She shopped and shopped. Sadly, Malcolm isn't around because he still has work and the site in New Jersey needs his supervision. She remembered the first time she visited him in his work, he was so happy that he tend to introduce her to everyone and even to the board members—her brothers are there! She was shocked to see them but Thomas' grin said it all. Of course, what are bestfriends are for. Malcolm and Thomas, the duo. Thus, Clifford's soured face made her roll her eyes.

He pulled her into a tight embrace and kissed her lips. "You bewitched me by going here, honey." He said with full of admiration for his girlfriend.

Dana smiled at him and squeezed his cheeks. "I'm about to get pissed at you because you are always busy. You only call me and send flowers to my office. That could not compensate, you know..."

"I'm sorry." He said with sincerity.

Dana kissed him again in his cheek, "Come on, I brought you lunch."She pointed paper bag full of food. She cooked it for him.

Malcolm smiled like a school boy, "Let's go to my office and munch these." He said and entwined his fingers with her. On their way to his office, Dana noticed that everyone is watching them. She felt shy when a group of employees smiled at her.

She tugged Malcolm's arm, "Hon..."

He looked at her. She pressed her lips into a thin line and looked at everybody who looked away immediately. Malcolm cleared his throat, "Everybody!" His voice is full of authority. Enough to stone a person to where he or she is standing. Malcolm looked at her and smiled before turning back to the people that surrounds them now. "Meet my girlfriend. You will regularly see her in this company from now on. I want you to treat her with respect. You can talk to her but never touch her. Understood?"