CHAPTER 13: Van and Von

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Paris, France

Morning rolled in fast.

Malcolm slept with the kids while he gave his room to Alexus. They've been together for almost six years but that doesn't mean that they also need to sleep with each other. Still, there is a thin line between them. He could not contain being with her in a one closed room. She could do a lot of things in just a snap of her hands.

Morning yet he's already in total shit.

The very reason of his morning burst out is no other than the mighty Alexus McDaniel. She abruptly decided—maybe she planned this before going to Paris with the kids—that she will leave them to Malcolm and go to New Zealand. She's a total bitch for choosing her newest passing fancy over her kids. Malcolm was pissed but he can't do anything about it.

She's Alexus McDaniel and no one can stop her from doing what she pleases.

"I know you will take good care of them." She said as she carries her luggage out of the room. Malcolm throws death glares at her but she only smirks in return. "Come on Love, don't be such a baby. I know you'll miss me... I told you last night, my room was not locked. It was your loss you know." And winked as if what she said was a good idea.

Malcolm huddled on the couch in the living room. Luckily, the kids aren't awake yet.

"Alexus..." He calls.

He's only human—he gets tired. Malcolm needs a life out of this misery. He doesn't deserve this but what can he do? He needs to face it even if he's too unarmed.

"Yes?" she stood in front of him.

He inwardly sighed. "Are you not tired of playing this game?" Pertaining to the war she started six years ago. "Are you not tired of playing everyone's lives? I'm not enjoying this, Alexus! You deprived me from everything!"

Instead of feeling pity towards Malcolm, she laughs. "Love, are you now in love?" she abruptly but playfully asked.

His jaw clenched. He's always been in love with the same person for over nine years—and he hurt her for being so selfish of him.

Thus, the want of telling Alexus about it prevents him from doing so. He doesn't want to drag Dana in this war against the McDaniels. They're manipulative and they can destroy anyone's life if they wanted.

"No." He stone coldly said.

She smiled seductively, "Then we're still on the right track, Malcolm. As long as no one gets into the way, I have no problem... And definitely, you're still safe." She meaningfully beamed on him and gave him a peck on the corner of his lips.

Malcolm pressed his lips into a hard line.

He waited for the kids to wake up. He ordered their favorite food and he prepared their clothes. He wanted to have time with the kids since he was away for so long. He kind of wants to make it up to them. He may not be his but he loves fathering them.

He went back to his room to where the twins are sleeping soundlessly. Their copper hairs are giving emphasis to their white complexion. They have cherry red lips and flushed cheeks—he'll carve it to the stones that these kids will be a head turner and a total heartbreaker in the future. He still have high hopes that maybe, he'll get to see them grow.

Malcolm was saddened at the thought of not being with them when the time comes that he needs to leave them. On if he could bring them with him, he will. But the McDaniels will never let him do that for sure. They are willing to kill just to have the kids.