CHAPTER 7: Calling

UNEDITED 2017 version.

Turks and Caicos Island, Bahamas

Malcolm Henderson heaved a heavy long sigh.

The sun is brightly shining up above yet he's already tired. He secretly watched the girl who stole his very attention way back in highschool-- from the coconut tree. Dana is nothing but a goddess right now. She's happily sipping her Mango Shake while reading a book entitled 'Shatter Me'. Malcolm almost cursed all the odds after seeing her almost naked! She's just wearing a stringed white bikini while her cover up is at the edge of the sun lounger. She's way matured now than before—she grew so much that Malcolm almost wished that he's not yet too late for another probable shot.

Time flies so fast, and he can't even cope up. Things changed. There are some things that are temporary, even the slightest things that are not even worth the change. If it's meant to happen, it will. And, no one can stop those from happening.

It has been nine long years...

Those years of no fun that he only spent his time in studying and work. Life is so boring to him. It was like a sheet of paper. White and no trace of ink, so dull. He thinks that he doesn't deserve being happy in those days after what he did to Dana. He was an asshole for hurting the girl that he used to treasure like a gem. What he felt for her was not explainable. Dana managed to awaken the beast in him.

Dana seemed to not care at all—men are ogling at her body as she leans on in the sun lounger. Malcolm wanted to wring their necks and wrack their heads for staring at her. Yet he knew he can't... She's not his. Sad but it's the reality waving at his side. The right to be mad at all things was already stripped off out of him. He lost everything.

It is so sad to think that, there are some decisions that you don't want to do but eventually, strange circumstances will push you through doing it without leaving a choice.

He was about to go and leave but he was startled when he saw Thomas Sanders standing right behind him.

"Thomas..."

With crossed arms, he said, "It's a wonderful day, isn't it?"

He only nodded and pressed his lips into a thin line.

Dana's older brother smiled, "I saw you watching her intently." He said. His eyes directed to his sister and back to him.

He can't deny it anymore—he was like, being caught red handed. "Yeah, this is again the first time I'll be watching her without inhibitions." He honestly answered.

Thomas knew the history. He knew every bit of it—even the reason to why he did that. If he wasn't, then maybe, he will not anymore see the sunlight. Thomas used to be his mentor. They have been into the same soccer team before and they knew each other well. Even before he and Dana happened, Malcolm treated Thomas like his brother. His older sister, Sofia is Thomas' girlfriend. He even fished out some information about Dana from him. He was a good help, because of that, he became close to Dana.

Maybe that was the best highlight of his teenage years though.

"Nine years of not seeing her is a suicide, right?" Thomas mockingly smirked. "She's annoying at most times, even a brat, but she's a princess. She needs to be kept and guarded."

"Yeah. A rough nine years." Malcolm sheepishly smiled, "Ysobel's a brat worth to be kept."

"She is. She's not a Sanders if she's not."

Malcolm shook his head with amusement, "Clifford is one hell of a Sanders. He thinks he's a God."

Thomas grunted at the thought of his brother, "That man is an ass. I expect less but he's more than that. He's still worthy after all." And he laughed heartily with Malcolm.