CHAPTER 20: Pretty Scary

UNEDITED 2017 version.

In truth, you like the pain. You like it because you believe you deserve it...

Few weeks had passed and Malcolm couldn't track Dana's location. He hired the best men to locate her but they can't tell him where she is right now. He missed her so bad. He feels like his life is snatched away from him.

Dana took everything... his heart, mind and soul. His whole being is with her.

He did not eat properly. He lack of sleep. He doesn't stop calling everybody asking for her.

"Malcolm..." his sister Sofia caressed his ruffled hair as he slouches down in the cold floor. "Malcolm, you need to eat. Mommy is worried of you—Enya and I, too. You almost gave Daddy a heart attack. Please, please eat and take a rest." Sofia's voice broke.

He looked up and held her in his gaze, "I need to see her." His voice is pleading.

Sofia bit her lip as she tries to get hold of her tears from rolling down. "Thomas doesn't even know where she is right now, Malcolm." She said honestly. This is the first time that Thomas could also not track his sister down. The Hendersons are worried sick too. "I asked him to double his men to find Dana, but he can't too. He contacted all of his connections, but no Dana has found." She shook her head and caressed her brother's face. Beard grew and he looks lifeless. "She's very much pained and eager to hide, Malcolm. We can't do anything about that."

That strikes hard.

She's hiding because she's hurt.

He's looking for her because he loves her and he wants to explain his side, but she's hiding. The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why.

So unfair!

The pain will make you realize whether you're worth it or not. Time doesn't heal anything... It just teaches us how to live with the pain.

There is no normal life that is free of pain. It's the very wrestling with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.

A painful smile appeared in his face, "I'm such a bad person. I hurt the people I love."

"Malcolm, no! Do not ever say that! You are not a bad person, it's just that, you need to sacrifice and hurt them in order to save them from the bigger pain. You love them so much that you are so willing to do anything to make them happy."

"No Sofia, I d—"

"Stop the nonsense Malcolm Henderson!" Sofia shouted in frustration. She can no longer hold of her outburst. Her brother is saying too much she can't contain. "Enough with this! The kids are crying because they saw you crying! Their Mom died, Malcolm! You are the legal guardian for them and they need you right now! Do not ever mess up with this one. You are the only one who is left to take good care of them!"

Another painful truth.

"Diego, do it! I will call Lei!" Malcolm ordered.

Two days after Malcolm and Dana broke up, he finally decided to end the misery brought by the McDaniels. Malcolm found out that it was Caleb McDaniel who sent the email to Dana. He was playing with him again. Even though Alexus has nothing to do with it, she is still involved.

It was her father who used them like a freaking chess piece.

Now, his time finally arrived. He will avenge for everyone.

"Are you sure about this Malcolm? Did the authority know the plan?"

"Yes. Lei and his team will arrive here now. I just want you to be ready in case of emergency." He said and took his gun and hid it inside his jacket. "Alexus will have the treatment in Australia. I will hire guards for her."